- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Anna University, Chennai
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering is a full-time four-year course degree offered by Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Vivekanandha College of Technology for Women was established in 2009 under the aegis of Angammal Educational Trust whose members have had consummate experience in the fields of women's education. It offers a 4 years B.E (Computer Science & Engineering) programme and 2 years M.E. (Computer Science and Engineering) programme. The Branch of Computer Science and Engineering deals with design, implementation, management of information system of both software and hardware process. Computer Science is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. It deals with the design and development of new software and hardware parts of computer. It relate to the skills, knowledge and behavior. The main focus of the department is to produce graduates & post graduates with strong fundamentals in Computer Science and Engineering domain. The course is an outcome based structured to help students to achieve this goal. The department covers all areas of computer science and can embrace the importance of computer science as a key skill for virtually all sciences. The department has a strong R & D culture. The department can also take on the central role of computer science research and development. The undergraduate programme started with an intake of 60 seats in 2009 and was increased to 120 seats in 2012 . The post graduate programme commenced in the year 2012 with an intake of 18 seats.
The selection based on TNEA entrance exam.
A pass in XII std., of Tamilnadu HSC (Academic) with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
A pass in XII std., of Tamilnadu HSC (Vocational Stream) with Engineering / Technology Vocational Subjects and any one or two of the related subjects like Maths, Physics or Chemistry.
A pass in an equivalent examination accepted by Universities in Tamilnadu for admission to B.E. / B.Tech., / B.Arch. degree courses.
Minimum Eligibility Marks
- HSC (Academic) or Equivalent - Average of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry - 50%
- HSC (Vocational) - Average of Related Subjects and Vocational Subjects - 50%
- HSC (Academic) or Equivalent - Average of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry - 45%
- HSC (Vocational) - Average of Related Subjects and Vocational Subjects - 45%
MBC / DNC -
- HSC (Academic) or Equivalent - Average of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry - 40%
- HSC (Vocational) - Average of Related Subjects and Vocational Subjects - 40%
SC / ST
- HSC (Academic) or Equivalent - Pass - 40% subject to approval
- HSC (Vocational) - Pass - 40% subject to approval.
Best women's college in Asia .well qualified teachings staff
- Batch of 2022
- BE Computer Science and Engineering