- Design Concepts
- Browser Exercise (Analysis)
Software Architecture and Design
Learn the fundamentals and concepts involved in the design and analysis of large software systems by joining the Software Architecture & Design course.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Software Architecture & Design training programme is an intermediate level course delivered by Udacity and Georgia Tech. The programme has been designed to teach the concepts and principles involved in designing and analysing large software systems. It will run for a duration of approximately two months.
The Software Architecture & Design course curriculum has been divided into four sections that include Introduction, UML and Analysis, Software Design, and Software Architecture. You will learn through rich learning content crafted and taught by industry professionals. You will test your knowledge through interactive quizzes and learning exercises.
In addition, the Software Architecture & Design online course is free of cost to join for everyone. The programme has been offered by Georgia Tech in collaboration with the Udacity platform.
If you are a Software Engineer, this course can propel your career forward and help you gain better career opportunities. Moreover, since the format is self-paced, you can manage to complete the Software Architecture & Design training along with your job by learning at your convenience.
- Free course
- Intermediate skill level
- Approximately 2 months
- Taught by Industry experts
- Self-paced learning programme
- Rich content for learning
- Free course
- Rich content
- Interactive quizzes
- Self-paced format
- Delivered by industry pros
- Intermediate learning level
- Learning exercises
- Instructor videos
- 2 months
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
Software Architecture & Design fee structure
Software Architecture & Design
What you will learn
Software Architecture & Design course syllabus will teach you to:
- Selecting and using architectural styles
- Understanding and performing a design review
- Specifying and evaluating software architectures
- Expressing the analysis and design of an application using UML
- Picking and using the appropriate software design patterns
- Specifying functional semantics of an application with the help of OCL
- Understanding and implementing object-oriented design techniques
- Tap the link to open the Software Architecture & Design course page- https://www.udacity.com/course/software-architecture-design--ud821.
- Now, click on the ‘start the free course’ icon, and you will be asked to sign up on the website. Just fill in the few blanks to create an account on the website. You can also use your Google and Facebook profiles to sign up for the course.
- After creating your account, you can sign in and begin learning the course for free.
Filling the form
Software Architecture & Design by Udacity only involves a sign-up process. Thus, you must enter your first and last name, email ID, and password to sign up on the website. Use the same credentials to sign in to your account afterwards.
Lesson 1 Introduction
Lesson 2 UML & Analysis
- UML Class Models
- Object Oriented Analysis Exercise
- Review of UML
Lesson 3 Software Architecture
- Overview of Software Architecture
- KWIC Exercise
- Architectural Views
Lesson 4 Software Design
- Coffee Maker Exercise
- Object Design
How it helps
The Software Architecture & Design Course benefits you by accelerating your career and improving your professional prospects. You can learn from industry experts through instructor videos at your own pace and free of cost. The programme is an excellent resource to upskill yourself and learn the fundamentals of software design and architecture.
Software Architecture & Design by Udacity has been divided into four broad parts that cover different topics.
No, the course is free to join and learn.
The skill level for this course is intermediate, which means it is not suitable for absolute beginners.
This training course will be delivered by three skilled instructors - Spencer Rugaber, Jarrod Parkes and Eric Feron.
You can test your learning progress through interactive quizzes and learning exercises that are part of the curriculum.
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
Technical University of Munich via Edx