Advanced Condensed Matter Physics
By pursuing the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics by Swayam, candidates will enhance their skills on the different research involved in condensed matter physics
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Advanced Condensed Matter Physics certification course will help candidates learn about the different theories, the implementation and how it works in the real world and are involved in matter physics. The candidates will also be learning the higher-level concepts so that they are able to learn properly during the course.
The candidates can feel free to reach out to the experts for the queries they have. The course covers all the necessary headings and subheadings to have a crystal clear learning for the aspirants taking the course. Applications to the Hubbard model, Kane Mele model, and superconductivity are some of the important topics for discussion of the candidates.
The course will be beneficial for all the candidates who are looking forward to enhancing their skills in the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics program. There are various learning materials added in the course, the candidates will have the learning materials always with them during the course.
- 12 weeks training
- Certified course from IIT Guwahati
- Elective course type
- Undergraduate/ Postgraduate level
- The online course will be conducted
- The verified certificate will be offered
- AICTE approved course
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Advanced Condensed Matter Physics certification syllabus can be taken without any course fees.
- For all the interested candidates seeking certification, they must pay Rs.1000 for appearing for the examination.
Advanced Condensed Matter Physics fees detail
Amount in Rs.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The training can be taken by the list of candidates given below.
- The aspirants seeking certification in the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics program can take the course and learn.
- The students of UG and PG of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and students of physics can register for the course.
The candidates must have taken the Solid State Physics Course for enrolling in the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics by Swayam.
Certification Qualifying Details
The course comprises various learning materials. The assignment is one of them. There are a total of 12 assignments in the module. The candidates must submit all of them timely. Out of the 12, the average score will be calculated for the best 8 of the candidates. The candidates must score at least 25% on their assignments.
The end term exam will be of total 100 marks, the candidates must score at least 75% in the examination in Advanced Condensed Matter Physics training. The candidates must have both scores with them for getting the certification. If the candidates fail to score in the assignments or end term exam, they shall not be given the certificate.
What you will learn
- The candidates will be learning about the quantum theory of magnetization in the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics certification course.
- The course also offers deep learning on zero temperature and Matsubara Greens functions.
- The aspirants will be acquiring knowledge on the successful applications of neural networks.
- The main objective of the course is to understand the microscopic interactions of matter at the quantum and atomistic levels.
- The candidates will brush up their skills on complex accelerators, sensitive detectors, and grid computing.
- The study of substances in their solid-state is another point of discussion for the aspirants out there.
- The candidates will be taught how things work from the first principles in physics.
- The participants will be enhancing their skills on the nature and properties of substances in the different phases.
- During the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics training, the aspirants will learn about theory explaining this fundamental behavior.
- The candidates will be gaining skills in microscopic phenomena involving energies of several million electron volts.
The candidates must follow the steps below in order to register for the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics online course.
Step 1: The aspirants need to copy-paste the link given below in a browser.
Step 2: Sign-in or register on the platform. Click on the round circular “SIGN IN/REGISTER”.
Step 3: If the candidate is a pre-existing user sign in with the username and password.
Step 4: If the aspirant is new to the platform, then create an account with all the credentials.
Step 5: The candidates can also use their Google, Facebook, or Microsoft account.
Step 6: The participants must fill in all the required details required for taking the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics certification.
Step 7: Once all the details have been filled in, the candidates have successfully taken the course.
Applications of second quantisation to free particle systems
Applications: Quantum Theory of magnetism, Hubbard model
Greens functions at zero temperature
Wick’s theorem, Feynman diagrams
Finite temperature Greens functions – Matsubara formalism
Applications of Greens functions to superconductivity
Meissner effect, non-local electrodynamics, BCS theory
How it helps
The Advanced Condensed Matter Physics certification will help candidates have better learning of the different terminologies in this domain. The course is for all the students who want to have knowledge of the condensed matter of physics. Some of the higher-level concepts have also been cleared for the candidates so that they have a better understanding.
The course also comprises assignments, quizzes, and discussion forums, where the candidates can exchange their knowledge or queries in front of the tutor. The candidates will be having all the learning materials with them always so that the candidates can refer to them at any instant. Assignments and quizzes have been well planned and designed so that the candidates are able to learn more in any of the topics given to them.
After the candidates complete the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics certification syllabus and appear for the end-term exam, they will be given a certificate. The certificate holds market value as it has the logo from the institute. The candidates can add it to their CV or resume and gain broader recommendations. The certificate will help candidates fetch a hike in salary, get better jobs, or any industry exposure.
The joining date of the course has been mentioned on the website. The candidates can reach out to the administration or help desk for getting more insights on this.
The aspirants need no books as the learning materials have all the topics needed for the course. Still, the books and references have been added to the website.
The information about the tutor has been added to the course overview.
No, the candidates will not be eligible for the certificate if they fail to appear for the end-term exam.
The course will end in almost 12 weeks from the starting date of the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics online course.
No, there are no retests for the aspirants if they are unable to submit or score in the assignments.
No, the candidates will not be able to get any jobs. Whereas, they will be able to add their certificate to the CV or resume.
No, the entire amount for the end term needs to be paid at once before the candidates appear for the exam.
Yes, the candidates can leave the course in between. The course is free of cost and there is no refund process involved.
The candidates will be notified about all the details of the assessment once they start the Advanced Condensed Matter Physics certification benefits.
Courses of your interest
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.