WHAT IS CHEMICAL ENGINEERING ?
Chemical Engineering deals with the design, development of processes and operation of machines and plants through which the physical or chemical state of materials undergo various changes. Founded on the principles relating to chemistry, physics, and mathematics, Chemical Engineering finds application in process industries. BE/B.Tech in Chemical Engineering is a 4-year program. Developments in chemical practices have led to more advanced fields like Nanotechnology, Bio-Engineering, Bio-Molecular Engineering, Material processing etc. It finds global application in everyday life. Modern innovations like human genome project, genetic engineering, and DNA sequencing has changed the face how chemical engineering was earlier perceived. One can do an M.Tech in Chemical Engineering after BE/B.Tech.Expand
- For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
- For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities. Candidates with an MSc degree in chemistry are also eligible for the M.Tech programme in Chemical Engineering.
SCOPE OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- Chemical Engineers play a significant role in the advancement of systems that depend upon material response for their functioning.
- They also know how to predict and tailor the outcomes of chemical reactions and synthesise chemicals.
- The industry offers multiple roles for skilled professionals
- Air Pollution Control Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Economics and Plant Design
- Chemical Process Industries
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Environmental Pollution Control and Safety Management
- Fertilizer Technology
- Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Circuits
- Introduction to Numerical Analysis
- Mass Transfer Operations
- Material Science
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Process Control
- Process Equipment Design
- Process Equipment Design & Economics
- Process Fluid Mechanics
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 2159 Joined
- 1066 Questions
I have got 137 marks in jee mains April shift 2019 what will be my rank and can I get good nit for chemical engineering??
Is chemical engineering available in Bannari Amman college erode
What is the scope of chemical engineering in India ??
Chemical Engineering Class 12 JEE Main JEE Main Admissions JEE Main Result National Institute of TechnologyView all tags
Sir/Ma'am I got 130 marks in Jee main 12th April 2019,Shift 2.What will be my rank. Can i take admission in Chemical engineering in NIT Drg