Rs. 8 Lacs for the entire MBA Full-Time Programme (Indian National) payable in equal instalments (4 Semesters)
Rs. 14 Lacs for the entire MBA Full-Time Programme (Foreign National) payable in equal instalments (4 Semesters)
|31 Jan, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|CAT||29 Nov, 2020||Exam | Mode: Online|
|28 Oct, 2020 - 29 Nov, 2020||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|10 Jan, 2021 (Tentative)||Result | Mode: Online|
|05 Nov, 2020||Others - Mock test - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|27 Sep, 2020 - 29 Sep, 2020||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|05 Aug, 2020 - 23 Sep, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
|29 Jul, 2020||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) at IIT Madras is a two-year, full-time, seven quarter program aimed at training graduates to become capable managers. Students are provided a well-rounded learning experience in terms of management theory and actual practice. The program involves classroom teaching, case discussions, hands-on management internship in industry and project work. The program comprises seven quarters of course work, with four quarters for first year and three quarters for second year. The program is structured in such a way that students can join the industry at the same time with their peers from other business schools. Each quarter is usually of eight weeks duration.
Quarter 1: July - September (8 weeks)
Quarter 2: September - November (8 weeks)
Quarter 3: January - March (8 weeks)
Quarter 4: March - May (8 weeks)
Students entering the program bring with them their own strengths and abilities. However, it is essential that they develop a common vocabulary of skills and terminology in key business areas as quickly as possible. The first two quarters focus on providing the conceptual foundations of management. The student is equipped with quantitative tools and techniques necessary for analyzing business problems. At the same time, the student is also encouraged to develop personal skills such as business communication, general business knowledge and interpersonal skills.
The core courses in the functional areas of management - Finance, HR&OB, Information Systems, Integrative Management, Marketing and Operations - are emphasized during the third and fourth quarter. These courses also have a strong orientation towards the use of analytical tools and techniques. There are also courses in systems management as well as lab-based ones that introduce various enterprise software and techniques.
The last three quarters integrate the knowledge and skills imparted, with an emphasis on the chosen electives. The electives are broadly of two kinds - courses on various business stream specializations and courses that offer an in-depth knowledge of certain domain areas.
The inputs given through courses are supplemented with industrial training through a summer project for 8 - 10 weeks after the completion of the fourth quarter and also through a project work during the seventh quarter.
COMPOSITE SCORE will be calculated with due weights to
- CAT score
- Past academic performance,
- Work experience
- Academic Diversity
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the composite score. Relaxation for all categories according to GOI norms will be followed.
Candidates from all categories shortlisted based on the composite score shall be called for a Written Ability Test(WAT) and Personal Interview(PI) to a given location
The final selection will be based on the following with due weights to each of the components:
- Written Ability Test
- Personal interview
- Composite score
- Other Achievements
- A valid score in the Common Admissions Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management.
- Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first-class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PD) earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University.
- Final year students (of the above-mentioned programme) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they meet all requirements for the qualifying degree before the start of the program and will produce the provisional certificate of completion within two months of joining the program.
- IIT Graduates who have obtained a CGPA of 8 and above on 10 are exempted from CAT score.
- Company Sponsored Candidates
- To be sponsored by their employers and forward their application through proper channel.
- Minimum work experience of two years in the sponsoring organization.
- Valid score in the Common Admissions Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management.
- Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University.
- Defense personnel are exempted from the national level entrance test. Should apply through respective government agencies.
- Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with 55% marks (earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University.
Non-Resident Indian and Foreign Nationals
- Valid GMAT Score
- Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first class or 60% marks earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University
- Final year students (of the above mentioned programme) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they meet all
Review about experience at Department of Management Studies
Joined On: 16 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016