- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow
Minimum Period - The minimum period for submission of Ph.D. thesis for a candidate with M. Tech. / M. Phil./ MS degrees and enrolled as full time shall be three years, and for those enrolled as part-time shall be four years from the date of registration.
Minimum Period - The minimum period for submission of Ph.D. thesis for a candidate with M. Sc. / MBA / MCA / B. Tech. / B. E. degrees and enrolled as full time shall be four years, and for those enrolled as part-time shall be five years from the date of registration.
Resetting of the Duration - A candidate may be allowed to modify the scheme of his/her research work with the approval of the concerned RDC, but in that case he/she shall not submit his/her Ph.D. thesis before the expiry of at least six months from the date of approval for such a change.
Extension of Duration and Maximum Period - The maximum period permitted for submission of Ph.D. thesis for a candidate shall normally be five (5) years from the date of registration. In special circumstances, a maximum extension of two years in installments of six months can be granted by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommendations of the RDC after making careful scrutiny of the candidate’s progress. The candidate shall apply for the extension of period on the Proforma as given in Appendix - XIII. It shall be essential for a candidate to submit thesis within the stipulated time period from the date of registration, otherwise, the registration shall automatically be cancelled after the expiry of the due date. Exceptional cases of more than 7 years shall be placed before the Academic Council for appropriate action. No more extension shall be provided in any circumstances after the due date.
The selection of candidates for registration shall be made based on written test followed by interview / presentation. There shall be a committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor to organize and conduct the written test, evaluate the test results and to decide the cutoff scores for short listing the candidates for interview / presentation for each field and faculty of the University. The dates of written test for respective fields will be announced through the website of the University. The shortlisted candidates eligible for interviews will be informed through website of the university.
A candidate seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme of the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, U.P., Lucknow (here-in after called as University) must hold one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's and Master’s degree with first division as mentioned in appendix-I in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Management/Architecture of the University, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree with first division as mentioned in appendix-I in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture of the University, or equivalent, with two years of experience in Industry/ Research/ Teaching in reputed organization/ institution.
- MCA degree of the University, or equivalent and M.Tech. with first division in Computer Science & Engineering field only and MCA degree of the University, or equivalent with first division in Computer Application field only.
- Master’s degree with first division in the field of Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics of a University.
- Not with standing anything contained in above-mentioned rules (a) to (e), the eligibility criteria will be as decided by the Academic Council/ Executive Council of the University from time to time.