|UPCET||26 Mar, 2021 - 20 Jun, 2021||Application | Mode: Online|
|21 Jun, 2021 - 30 Jun, 2021||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|25 Mar, 2021||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biotechnology is a four-year full-time undergraduate program offered by the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
ELIGIBILITY FOR DIRECT ADMISSION TO FIRST YEAR IN PRIVATE INSTITUTIONS AT INSTITUTE LEVEL UNDER MANAGEMENT QUOTA/ VACANT SEATS :
i). The vacant seats shall be filled strictly in following preference order:
- Firstly, by the qualified candidates of JEE (Main) fulfilling the eligibility for B.Tech./B.Arch.
- Secondly, by the qualified candidates of UPSEE, who fulfill the eligibility as given above. Their relative merit will be decided on their rank in UPSEE.
- Thirdly, by the merit of candidates in qualifying examination with the following conditions:
For admission to the first year of B. Tech. / B. Pharm., the candidate must have passed the intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University; securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in required subject combination (two compulsory & one optional) taken together. The candidate is essentially required to pass without any grace marks (as per respective Board/University) in each subject of the subject group indicated above(i). The relative merit shall be decided based on total marks in the subject combination of the qualifying examination.
ELIGIBILITY FOR DIRECT ADMISSION (LATERAL ENTRY) TO THE SECOND YEAR IN PRIVATE INSTITUTIONS UNDER VACANT SEATS
The vacant seats in B. Tech. course for lateral entry (second year) shall be firstly by the qualified candidates of UPSEE-2018, who fulfill the eligibility as mentioned above. Their relative merit will be decided on their rank in UPSEE-2018. Thereafter, the vacant seats will be filled on merit by such candidates who have passed the qualifying examination securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate without any grace marks.
PROCEDURE FOR DIRECT ADMISSION:
Direct admissions are made by the Institute on vacant seats and management seats as per the guidelines issued by the U.P.Technical University, Lucknow. A candidate desirous of direct admission should apply on an application form available in the office and the Institute website.
The subject combination required in the qualifying examination (intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent) for admission to the first year of different courses shall be as follows:
Compulsory Subjects: (i) Physics & (ii) Mathematics OR Biology
Anyone of the following Subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Technical Vocational subject.
For admission to the first year of B.Tech./ B. Pharm., candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University without grace in required each compulsory subjects and one optional subject as given above and securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in aggregate in required three subjects.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO SECOND YEAR (LATERAL ENTRY) OF B. TECH.
- Lateral entry in “B.Tech. for Engg. Diploma holders or B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics as one of the subject at XII standard”/
- Candidates who have passed ‘three years Engg. Diploma from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) OR ‘whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh’ and he/she has passed three years Engg. Diploma with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering (except Agriculture Engg., Pharmacy and Architecture), are eligible for admission to the Second year in any branch of Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates who have passed ‘three years B.Sc. degree and passed XII standard with mathematics as one of the subject' from any recognized University; securing minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in aggregate, are also eligible for admission to the second year in any branch of Engineering/ Technology.
A good friendly and disciplined atmosphere
- Batch of 2019
- B.Tech Biotechnology