WHAT IS GEO INFORMATICS ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Geo-Informatics/Geo-Information Technology along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF GEO INFORMATICS
- Graduates/postgraduates are mostly hired by central government agencies such as the Department of Space - National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA Hyderabad), Regional Remote Sensing Application Centre (RRSAC Kharagpur, Dehradun, Jodhpur, Nagpur, and Bangalore), and Indian Space Research Organisation, (ISRO Bangalore).
- Professor, Reader, and Research positions are available in academic institutions and the prospects of starting one's own enterprise.
Job opportunities available for GeoInformatics Engineer are as follows:
GIS Environment Analyst
Senior System Executive
Geo-Spatial Software Engineer
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Geophysical Data Acquisition Processing and Interpretation
- Instrumentation and Control
- Mobile Mapping
- Principles of Reservoir Engineering
- Programming Language and DBMS
- Statistical Methods in Geo. Sciences