America’s Unwritten Constitution
Apply for this certification course by Coursera to become familiar with the essential techniques to read and interpret the American constitution.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Yale University offers America’s Unwritten Constitution programme in association with Coursera. The training course will introduce you to the various ways and processes essential for interpreting the constitution. Moreover, this course consists of 13 modules and will aid you in going beyond the text of the American constitution, while still abiding by it.
America’s Unwritten Constitution online course will require you to complete approximately 17 hours of modules with videos and practice exercises. The course will equip you with the primary skills such as the interpretive process of reading between the lines and understanding the unenumerated rights embodied by Americans.
Additionally, you will learn to use precedents to understand the constitution, using documents other than the Constitution for comprehension and analysis. Coursera America’s Unwritten Constitution course also delves into the relationship between George Washington and Article II of the American constitution; and the two-party system in the country and conscience in government, amongst many other things.
This online course gives you the flexibility to learn at your own pace from Akhil Reed Amar, who is a Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science at the Yale Law School.
- 100% online learning
- 17 hours of teaching
- Subtitles in Chinese (Simplified), English
- Flexible deadlines
- Course completion certificate
- Bonus content
- Financial assistance
- Course offered by Yale University
- 100% online
- Introductory course
- 17 hours of teaching
- Suggested readings
- Subtitles in different languages
- Course offered by yale university
- Shareable certificate
- Flexible deadlines
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
You can pay the fee for America’s Unwritten Constitution certification training course online. Students can also apply for financial aid if the need arises.
America’s Unwritten Constitution certification course fee
America’s Unwritten Constitution programme with certification
certificate providing authority
Candidates can audit America’s Unwritten Constitution certification course by Coursera free of cost. However, to receive the certificate, candidates need to pay a certificate fee for purchase. Upon purchase, they will receive an electronic certificate to add on the accomplishment page of their Coursera account.
What you will learn
America’s Unwritten Constitution Certification Programme will primarily help you acquire the essential tools and techniques needed in constitutional interpretation via 13 focused modules. You will become proficient in the following topics:
- Comprehension techniques for the American Constitution by understanding the issues of the nation
- Interpretive method of reading between the lines
- The understanding of many unenumerated rights embodied by Americans
- An insight into Warren-lead Supreme Court
- An understanding of the importance of precedent in understanding the Constitution
- The ability to explore and probe into the documents other than the Constitution to understand the document
- An understanding of the importance of women’s enfranchisement
- The knowledge of the relation between the first president and the Constitution
- The understanding of how the structure of governmental branches affect their interactions with one another
- In-depth knowledge of the two-party system in the U.S.
- Comprehension of governmental conscience
- The ability to envision the constitutional future
You can seek admission to America’s Unwritten Constitution training programme by following these steps:
- Log in to Coursera’s official website.
- Search for “America’s Unwritten Constitution” using the search tool on the website.
- Click on “Enrol for free” at the top or bottom-right corner of the page.
- Check if the certification course starts on the date which suits you.
- Choose the learning mode (You can choose between paid and unpaid learning modes).
- Pay the course fee online to complete the admission process.
Filling the form
The application process for America’s Unwritten Constitution online certification course involves signing in to the course website, choosing the preferred learning mode, and making the fee payment.
One learning option requires you to pay the course fee to attain a certificate at the end of the course; while the other one is a free learning mode in which you will have access to all the resources but not the certificate.
Doing the Right Thing
Honouring the Icons
Heeding the Deed
Confronting Modern Case Law
Remembering the Ladies
Joining the Party
Hearing the People
Putting Precedent in its Place
Reading Between the Lines
Following Washington’s Lead
Envisioning the Future
Interpreting Government Practices
Bonus Content Archive
How it helps
America’s Unwritten Constitution certification programme will equip you with the key skills needed to examine, analyse, and interpret the American constitution.
Akhil Reed Amar, a Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science at the Yale Law School, will teach the certification course. You will have the freedom to finish the course at your own pace and reset deadlines according to your schedule.
America’s Unwritten Constitution online course is also available with English and Chinese subtitles, ensuring easy accessibility. What's more, you will get a combined certificate from Yale University and Coursera.
The two learning modes are paid and free. In the paid mode, you get a certificate after completion, and in the free mode, you have access to all the learning resources but not the graded assignments or the certificate.
Yes, the students will get a combined certificate from the University of Yale and Coursera.
America’s Unwritten Constitution course requires approximately 17 hours of learning.
The course instructor for America’s Unwritten Constitution programme is Akhil Reed Amar, a Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science at the Yale Law School.
Your access depends on your learning mode. If you have enrolled for free, then you will have access to all the resources immediately, except the graded assignments for which you will have to pay the fee.