- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Lala Lajpatrai Research Centre is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and is offering Doctoral Programme as per the rules of the University of Mumbai.
- The Research Centre has a long history. Since 1981, Lala Lajpatrai Research Foundation has been publishing several research papers. This continuous research work culminated in the starting of Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management Ph.D. Research Centre.
- The main objective of the Lala Lajpatrai Research Centre is to promote research and development activities not only among teaching faculty but also professionals from the Industry.
- Research is to Teaching as Sin is to Confession. Unless you participate in the former you have little to say in the latter”. It is this spirit underlying our research programme in Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management which has attracted researchers from the teaching profession and professionals from the industry.
- At present, the Centre has an intake capacity of 20 research scholars under 3 Ph.D. guides. So far 5 research scholars have submitted their thesis and 4 scholars are conferred a Ph.D. degree of the University of Mumbai.
- Candidates Must be completed a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject (Master's or equivalent) from any recognized university.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- A person whose M.Phil. the dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution;
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.