- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Bangalore
Diploma in Civil Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by the Directorate of Technical Education, Bangalore, and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Admissions to MEI polytechnic for the above Diploma programs are monitored and controlled by the Directorate of Technical Education in Karnataka.
- Admission to diploma courses is based on merit in each category of reservation. Out of the total seats, 50% of the seats are reserved for various groups of society. The remaining 50% of the seats are allotted based on the marks scored in the SSLC for technical Courses.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For Technical (Engineering) Courses: should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
Lateral entry admission to 3rd-semester diploma:
Candidates who have passed SSLC or Equivalent Examination with 35% of marks in aggregate and should have passed JTS (3 years course) / ITI (2 Years Course) recognized by Govt. of Karnataka are only eligible for seats reserved under JTS / ITI quota. Admission will be considered only for the candidates coming under the JTS quota and ITI quota for Diploma First semester courses.