- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Bangalore
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by the Directorate of Technical Education, Bangalore, and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Admissions are open to Boys & Girls for all Branches.
- Advertisement for Admission will be notified in premier dailies.
- Applications for Admission along with Prospectus are to be purchased from the office by paying the prescribed fees of Rs.600.00 in person and Rs.700.00 by post during the working hours.
- Duly filled-in application forms are to be submitted on or before the notified dates.
- Candidates seeking admission have to attend counseling for selection. In case a student is identified for lack of English Communication, such a student has to enroll for English speaking course for the duration of 2-3 months by paying prescribed fees. English speaking classes commence 1-2 weeks earlier than the scheduled commencement of the 1st Sem classes.
The Candidate must be a citizen of India.
For Technical(Engineering) Courses: should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
For Non-technical (Non-Engineering)Course: Apparel Design & Fabrication Technology Should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or Equivalent Examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
For both Engineering & Non-Engineering, the candidate should have completed at least five full academic years of study in Karnataka between the 1st Standard and qualifying examination.
Candidates who have passed the 10th Standard Exam conducted by CBSE/ICSE and other states' 10th Standard Examination shall produce Eligibility Certificates obtained from the Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations, Palace Road, Bangalore – 560 001 at the time of document verification & online application submission process.
Lateral entry admission to 3rd-semester diploma
Candidates who have passed SSLC or Equivalent Examination with 35% of marks in aggregate and should have passed ITI (2 Years Course) /PUC II completed could apply for admission to 3 rd semester(2nd year) diploma Course. They are required to study additional bridge Subjects during the 3rd and 4th Semesters.