- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Accreditation: NBA
- Offered by: APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering accredited by the Institution of Engineers (IE) is among the three founding education streams at Saintgits. The department offers an undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering and a postgraduate program in Machine Design. The four-year B Tech program comprises 8 semesters integrated with theoretical and practical sessions, focusing on key industry-linked technological domains including HVAC, Pneumatics, Automation, Mechatronics, Robotics, Aerospace, Vehicle Design, Nano engineering, etc. Apart from boasting talented and experienced faculty, the Department runs laboratories and research centres in partnership with corporates and R&D organizations and is also enriched by its association with the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) USA, and BOSCH India. Our courses expose the mechanical engineering students to a range of technical and management fields, empowering them to smoothly transition into an organisation manager.
Admission Procedure – Management Quota
Admission is strictly on the basis of merit. 50% of the total seats in B Tech Course are set apart for centralized allotment by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. 15% of seats within sanctioned intake is provided for NRI Category and given on the basis of marks obtained for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th Standard. For the remaining 35% seats rank list is prepared on basis of index marks obtained by combining the percentage marks of Mathematics and Physics at the Plus Two level and the percentage score obtained in the Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination with 75% and 25% weightage respectively. The marks obtained in the State Board/CBSE/ICSE for each subject are normalized with reference to the highest marks obtained by applicants from the respective Board. There is no capitation or any other monetary consideration for admission. We have not authorized any agent or agency for admission.
Merit list for the admission will be published in the website/College notice board. Selection will be in the order of Merit through Open Counseling. The date of counseling will be published in the website and college notice board. Individual intimation for the open counseling will not be sent to the applicant.
Admission Procedure – Government Quota
For getting allotment through Government Quota the students have to go through the centralized allotment process and enter their options in the Institution Code MGP on the date specified by Commissioner of Entrance Examination.
Candidates allotted in Saintgits College of Engineering through the Centralized Allotment process are requested to bring the following Documents/Payment at the time of joining the college on the dates notified by the Controller for Entrance Examination.
Eligibility for Management Quota Admission
Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% of marks in Mathematics separately, and 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for Management seat allotments.
- He/She shall be qualified in Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam 2019 for all seats other than NRI Quota. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC (Socially and Educationally Backward Classes) with a total annual income not exceeding Rs 6 lakhs, will have a relaxation of 5% marks.
- Reservation of seats shall be as per rules prescribed in the relevant rules by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala.
- 50% of the seats will be allotted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE), Government of Kerala.
Eligibility for NRI Quota Admissions
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), put together are eligible for NRI Quota admission. However excellent marks for PCM in the qualifying examination is desirable.
- KEAM (Kerala Entrance Exam ) rank is not mandatory to apply under this quota.
- An NRI can sponsor the children or dependents and he/she will have to give an undertaking in the prescribed format. Also he should provide a copy of the Passport and copy of VISA , all self-attested.
Eligibility for Government Quota Admissions
- Eligibility for admission to the B Tech, program, admission policy and procedure shall be decided from time to time by following the guidelines issued by the Government of Kerala and the Government of India and other statutory body such as AICTE.
- Admission to B Tech shall be based on the guidelines given by the State and Central Governments on the reservation. Candidates for admission to B Tech, the programme shall have passed the Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or 12th Standard V.H.S.E., C.B.S.E., I.S.C or any other examination considered equivalent to the above-mentioned ones. Other eligibility criteria for admission is currently prescribed by the Government of Kerala through Government orders which is based on the entrance examination conducted by the Commission for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala and the marks in the qualifying examination subject to the relaxations allowed for backward classes and other communities as specified from time to time.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% of marks in Mathematics separately, and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry put together are eligible for Govt allotments.
Had a nice experience
Last Seen: 05 Feb' 17
Joined On: 05 Feb' 17
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering