WHAT IS INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ?
- For UG: Students aspiring to take up Bachelor of technology in information and communication technology need to have passed their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For PG: Those candidates who are planning to take up masters in Information and Communication Technology need to have passed bachelor of engineering and bachelor's of technology in Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering.
SCOPE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
The demand for Information and Communication Technology professionals is expected to grow globally at the rate of 10% from 2015 to 2025. These professionals will be engaged in designing hardware and software for specific applications as well as advising on improving the existing technology. In Canada, there are reports of the shortage of information and communication technology professionals and by 2019 there is a requirement of 182,000 information and communication technology experts. Thus, those aspiring to take up the course have a lot of opportunities not only in India but also abroad. Owing to the emergence of more cloud computing, there will be an increase in the demand for those having expertise in software and hardware. There is a requirement for experts from the field of information and communication technology responsible for service integration and management, designing, managing building and optimizing cloud data centers.
- Component Based Technology
- Data Communication and Networking
- Information Technology and Database Management System
- Introduction to Information and Communication Technology
- Mobile Communication and Computing
- Network Design Security and Management
- Satellite Communication
- Wireless Communication Networks