IIT Mandi Highlights
About IIT Mandi
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi) was established in the year 2009. The main campus is situated in the Kamand village. Earlier it was functioning in the transit campus which was located at Paddal, Kartarpur, in Mandi later on it shifted to the main campus which is situated in Parashar Road, Tehsil Sadar, Near Kataula, Kamand, Himachal Pradesh. IIT Mandi Courses include BTech in Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Physics and Data Science and Engineering. It also offers B.Tech-M.Tech integrated Dual Degree. IIT Mandi offers postgraduate courses to the students.
Indian Institute of Technology Mand is located at Parashar Road, Tehsil Sadar, Near Kataula, Kamand, in Himachal Pradesh. Joginder Nagar Railway Station is around 54 km away from the institute. Himachal Pradesh Bus Depot is approx 105 km away from the institution. Kullu Manali Airport is around 55 km away from the institute. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the IIT, Mandi.
IIT Mandi Collaborations:
- The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)Trieste, Italy
- Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany
- Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Higher Education Institutions, Finland
- TU9, Germany
- Hepia, Switzerland
- IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
- RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), USA
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- National Knowledge Network
- CSIR- Institute of Human Bioresource Technology, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Semi-Conductor Laboratory
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- EdCIL(India) Limited
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Una
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Student Council: The Student Council of IIT Mandi maintains and enhances student life in all the relevant aspects such as academic and social areas and represent the student body in all matters.
- Cultural Society: The members of this Society organises various events and cultural programme for the students and it provides a platform to the students to showcase their talent
- Sports Society: This Society promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
- English Debating Society: The Debating Club offers opportunities for students to logically explain their points of view and focus on one side of the argument.
- Entrepreneurship Club: This cell provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas.
- Literary Society: This is the Literary Society of Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi that encourages students to participate in various literary activities and gain exposure.
- Science and Technology Council: This council promotes technological advancement and encourages students to come up with an innovative idea that will help in the betterment of society.
IIT Mandi Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
IIT Mandi Exams and Cutoffs
IIT Mandi Admissions 2021
Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi Admission Details:
Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi offers B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc and PhD programmes. Admission to all these courses will be done only through a national engineering entrance examination (JEE Advanced, GATE, UGC-NET). For B.Tech courses, candidates have to qualify JEE Advanced and appear for counselling process conducted by JoSAA. For M.Tech courses, candidates have to appear and qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). IIT Mandi admission to M.Sc courses will be done on the basis of written test conducted by the institute. For PhD courses, candidates have to appear in GATE/CSIR NET/NBHM. Admission processes for various courses offered by IIT, Mandi are listed below:
IIT Mandi Admission Process for B.Tech and Dual Degree:
- Applicants have to pass the Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced (JEE Advanced).
- Further, aspirants will have to register for JOSAA where they will have to do the choice filling for the programmes and institute they want to opt for.
- Selection of the candidates will be based on the merit list, participation in the counselling process in which they have to be physically present and opt for choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, get their documents verified and pay the fee.
IIT Mandi Admission Procedure for M.Tech:
- Candidates have to appear and qualify the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- For IIT graduates (B.Tech) having a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE is waived off.
- Further, candidates have to register/apply on COAP portal and IIT Mandi official website separately for admissions.
Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi Admission Process for M.Sc:
- Aspirants have to register and apply online on the IIT Mandi website.
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for interview/written test.
- A merit list of selected candidates will be prepared after the interview/written test for all the categories.
- Candidates who have secured a valid score in JAM and meets the cutoff requirement as decided by IIT Mandi are exempted from the written test.
- Final admission will be based on performance in the interview/written test, institute level document verification and fee payment.
IIT Mandi Admission Process for MS Research/PhD Programme:
- Applicants have to apply for admission to PhD programme on the official website of the institute.
- Aspirants have to appear for an interview and/or test as decided by the selection committee of IIT Mandi.
- Candidates with exceptional merit will be exempted from the interview/test.
- Final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of candidate's performance in the interview and/or Test.
- Selected candidates have to report to the respective department for the final stage of IIT Mandi admission that comprises institute level document verification and fee payment.
IIT Mandi Placements
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
IIT Mandi Facilities
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi Facilities:
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi has adequate infrastructure like separate hostels for boys and girls, the library that helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. IIT Mandi also provides facilities to the students like indoor and outdoor sports facilities, cafeteria to serve them hygienic food and to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. The institute also has a medical unit for providing healthcare facilities to the students, computer centre for giving them practical knowledge, etc.
Laboratories: IIT Mandi has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to boys and girls. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
Medical Unit: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a Medical Unit which provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Stores: Indian Institute of Technology Mandi has stationery and grocery stores in order to fulfil the day to day requirements of the students.
Cafeteria and Canteen: The college has a cafeteria that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
Computing Centre: IIT, Mandi has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
Advanced Materials Research Centre: This Centre facilitates and promotes research activities.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
IIT Mandi Student Reviews
Last Seen: 05 Oct' 20
Joined On: 22 Feb' 17
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Awesome place to learn and explore
Questions related to IIT Mandi
fee structure for mtech in iit mandi?
Given below is the Fee Structure for M.Tech. in IIT Mandi:
- Institute Fees (For Each Semester) - Rs. 8000
- One Time Payment (During Admission) - Rs. 2750
- One Time Deposit (Refundable on passing out or leaving college - Odd Semester) - Rs. 7000
- Medical Coverage (Per Annum) - Rs. 750
- Hostel and Mess Fees - Rs. 20000
The total fee for General/OBC Student is:
- Rs. 45000 (Odd Semester)
- RS. 34500 (Even Semester)
The total fee for SC/ST Student is:
- Rs. 40000 (Odd Semester)
- Rs. 29500 (Even Semester)
All the best!
which is best engineering physics in iit mandi or IT in iiit lucknow
Let's carry out some quick comparisons,,
- NIRF ranking of IIT Mandi is 31 while the ranking of IIIT Lucknow is not known.
- B.Tech Engineering Physics course fee at IIT Mandi is INR 8.29 Lakhs and B.Tech Information Technology course fee at IIIT Lucknow is INR 8.93 Lakhs.
- B.Tech average package at IIT Mandi is INR 10 Lakhs, while for IIIT Lucknow is not known.
- Facilities are less at IIIT Lucknow like they don't have gym, cafeteria and Wifi facility is note there at IIT Mandi.
- Cutoff for engineering physics course at IIT Mandi is AIR 14137 in JEE Advanced while for B.Tech IT is AIR 543 through JEE Main.
If you are getting both of them then IIT Mandi will be definitely a good option.
Refer here for IIT Mandi - https://www.careers360.com/university/indian-institute-of-technology-mandi/btech-engineering-physics-course
To know your other best admission possibilities of Institutes & branches in JOSSA & State counseling as per your percentile, You can use JEE Main College Predictor tool given below
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
I hope this information helps you.
How are the CSE facilities, faculty and placements at IIT Mandi?
CSE in IIT Mandi is pretty good. The placement provided by the college is really nice and almost all the students get placed. The curriculum is up to date so that the students are familiar with the latest on going knowledge in their respective field.
IIT Mandi is located in a very remote side area so you'll expect greenery but not much malls and theaters around the area.
The placement of CSE department is really nice and you can expect nice placement for yourself. Top product based firms hire in good numbers from the campus. Overall extremely competitive placements are offered to its graduates. Average package is around 11-12 LPA.
To know more about which colleges you can get based on your rank you can use the college predictor tool
Hope this helps.
i got 1900 sc rank in jee advanced. Will i get data science and engineering in IIT Mandi.
You have mentioned your rank 1900 in SC Category for JEE Advance and wished for the seat in IIT Mandi.
But Sadly, I want to tell you that it's very tough to get seat in Data Science and Engineering in IIT Mandi with this much rank.
I am providing you the link from where you can check the closing ranks for different branches:
With this you will be able to get the know about all the streams in which you are able to get the seat.
But don't lose hope, you still have chance through JoSAA and JAC counselling to get the seat in that.
But try to pursue that branch only in which you have interest and want to make your successful career.
There are other colleges also where you can get top Branches and they all have good records in the view of placement.
Through this link you can check the list of all Colleges for which you are eligible and the branches too:
This will surely provide you about all the details regarding colleges and the branches.
Hope that my answer helped you!!
All The Best and Good Wishes for your Future!!
I got 3408 crl in jee advanced pl suggest shall I opt for data science engineering in iit mandi
First of congratulations to you on your achievement . Now coming to your question your decision is very right . Data science is kind of trend in today's job sector and going with a trend can provide you a great scope with large opportunity as the field is still in developing . Choose the best IIT for it if you think IIT Mandi is good then go for it or else compare it with other colleges with placement facilities as data science is a very fast developing field so good placements is good for it . I will advice you to make a proper and precise research in the field before taking admission as you will able to know can you opt to anyother better than it . Our college predictor link will provide you can apply for where you can check for the college's which provides data science. https://engineering.careers360.com/jee-advanced-college-predictor?icn=QnA&ici=qna_answer
Hope it may help you !!!
IIT Mandi Gallery
IIT Mandi Related Articles
IIT Mandi Latest News
NEW DELHI: Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi h....
IIT Mandi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: