WHAT IS MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING ?
Mechatronics Engineering is the branch of science which includes the study of mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, computer engineering, telecommunications, system engineering and control engineering. It focuses on different aspects of mechatronics like modelling, real-time computer interfacing, sensors, controllers and actuators. After completing the course graduates can work on different aspects like sensing and control systems, automation and robotics, artificial intelligence and expert systems, transportation and vehicular systems and computer integrated manufacturing systems. Being a specialised field, undergraduate and postgraduate engineering courses in Mechatronics are offered by few technical colleges.Expand
- For UG: Class XII pass out with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- For PG: Undergraduate in mechatronics engineering from a recognised university.
SCOPE OF MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
- A rise in the application of medical imaging system in health care centres and research centres have increased the work profile of postgraduate engineers in Mechatronics.
- LaThe launch of different space shuttles has increased opportunities for Mechatronics graduates.
- Basics of Computer Science and Engineering
- Basics of Electronics Engineering
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Machine Vision
- Medical Mechatronics
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Honeywell Automation India Ltd
- Samsung Inc
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 1198 Joined
- 114 Questions
how much cut off will be required for mechatronics course in top colleges? ?
Iam weak in derivation in physics .But i do lab no bad . Can I choose mechatronics ?which is best mechatronics or robotics
I am pursuing Mechatronics engineering can I get admisson in aeronautical/AEROSPACE engineering.
M.tech Mechatronics Engineering Automation and Robotics Aeronautical Engineering Aerospace Engineering Indian Institute of TechnologyView all tags
I want to do M.tech from IIT so which one is better ROBOTICS or AEROSPACE/AERONAUTICAL ?
hello I am pursuing Mechatronics engineering 3rd year I want to do M.tech from IIT so which one is better ROBOTICS or AEROSPACE/AERONAUTICAL ???
Indian Institute of Technology Mechatronics Engineering Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara Course National Institute of Technology National Institute of Technology, Calicut Course National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra Course National Institute of Technology, Manipur CourseView all tags
Which nit or IIT offers mechatronics course