JUIT Admission Process 2021
JUIT Solan offers admission to B.Tech programmes based on JEE Main scores and to Ph.D programmes based on the scores of the written test and interview conducted by the Institute. The detailed description of the programmes and its admission process are mentioned below.
- Admission to B.Tech courses is done on the basis of JEE main and merit of the qualifying exam.
- 80% of the seats are filled through JEE mains marks, while the remaining 20% are allotted through the college level counselling based on the merit list of the qualifying examination marks.
- Admission to 50% seats in Biotechnology courses is offered through JEE Main scores, while the remaining 50% seats are offered on the basis of merit of the marks in the qualifying examination.
JEE Main Based Admission Process
- Candidates have to fill out the online application form along with their JEE main marks/rank details.
- After filling the online application form, candidates have to appear for the combined counselling for all the JUIT ( JIIT-Noida, JUIT-Waknaghat, JUET-Guna).
- Final admission at the time of counselling shall be based on JEE Main ranks and the choice of universities/branches made by the candidate.
- Admissions will be offered to candidates after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the Institute campus.
Merit-Based (10+2) Admission Process
- Candidates have to fill the application form available in online mode on the official website of the university. Candidates have to mention their mode of admission which will be merit-based.
- There will be separate counselling for merit-based admission which is conducted by JUIT, Waknaghat, Solan.
- Candidates will be called for the counselling process where they have to make the choice of the programme.
- Final admission will be made on the basis of the merit drawn of the aggregate of the 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and the preference made by the candidates during the counselling process.
- Candidates have to visit the Institute campus for document verification and fees payment before getting admissions.
- Admission to PhD programmes will be done on the basis of any national level examination (NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR(JRF) or the written test conducted by the university.
- Candidates have to fill the application process where they have to mention the qualifying examination details.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in their qualifying examination.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the further admission process which consists of an interview and a short presentation related to their area of research interest.
- Final admissions will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees at JUIT.
JUIT View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
The Admission is based on All India Ranking of JEE Mains Results.