- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Candidates should qualify in the Engineering Entrance Exam, KEAM, conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Exams, Govt. of Kerala for being eligible for admission in all seats, other than NRI quota.
- Admission is on the basis of merit. Mark obtained in the Entrance examination is taken to determine the merit along with the marks of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/equivalent of the qualifying examination.
- 50% of the total seats in B.Tech courses are set apart for centralized allotment by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. 15% of seats within sanctioned intake is provided for NRI category and is given on the basis of marks obtained for PCM in 12th standard. Remaining seats are Management seats, allotted on merit by ranking applicants on the basis of marks obtained for PCM (12th standard only) and for Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on 31st December 2020. No relaxation of age will be allowed
- For Govt. Merit Seats: Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/equivalent subjects put together or equivalent grade are eligible for admission. Relaxation of 5% marks in qualification is applicable for candidates belonging to SEBC.
- For Management Merit & NRI Seats: Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/equivalent subjects put together or equivalent grade are eligible for admission.
- Rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is not permitted.