Late Shri Tonse Ananth Pai (T. A. Pai) founded the Manipal Institute of Management in the year 1980 which was later named TA Pai Management Institute (TAPMI Manipal), Manipal. The campus spreads over 44.11 acres of land. TAPMI Manipal is recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The institute has recently become a participant in the Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) which is a United Nations (UN)-supported initiative.
TAPMI Manipal has faculties who are not only limited to academic teaching but are part of seminars and conferences with renowned Universities. The faculties of TAPMI are visionary researchers, experienced practitioners, erudite academicians and good teachers. TAPMI courses include a postgraduate diploma in management (PGDM) and doctoral (Ph.D.) programmes in various areas.
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal Highlights:
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
|Trust Name||T A Pai Management Institute Trust|
Badagabettu Road, Manipal, Karnataka
TAPMI is located at Badagabettu Road, Manipal, Karnataka. It is located in the international university town of Manipal. The nearest airport to TAPMI Manipal is Mangalore International Airport located 62.1 km away and it will take around 1 hour 29 minutes to reach the institute. The nearest railway station to TAPMI is Udupi Railway Station located about 8 km away. The nearest bus stand to TAPMI is New KSRTC Bus Stand located about 9.6 km away. Students can hire a cab or a bus to reach the TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal.
Latest News and Updates:
Some of the important dates regarding the release of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal admission application, last date to submit the application, an announcement of the admission process (stage-2), etc are mentioned below:
|TAPMI Admission Application Commencement||October 15, 2020|
|TAPMI Application Close Last Date||December 11, 2020|
|TAPMI Admission Process Stage-2 (shortlist)||Post CAT result, Post XAT result|
|TAPMI Admissions Process Stage-2||To be announced on December 15, 2020|
|TAPMI Admissions Final Selection First List Announcement||March 22, 2021|
|Commencement of PGDM First Year Term I||July 1, 2021|
Awards and Rankings:
- In the year 2002, TAPMI Manipal was awarded as the ‘Best Management Institute' of the year by India HRD Congress, Mumbai.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- TAPMI is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- TAPMI Manipal is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- TAPMI is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
TAPMI has collaborated with the following institutions.
- Saginaw Valley University, USA
- Oakland University, Michigan
- University of Oshkosh, USA, Dortmund, Germany
- Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines
- Blue Ocean Strategy Institute
- Macquarie University
- Rennes School of Business, ECS Rennes, France
- Emporia State University
- University of Dubai
- Global Association for Risk Professionals (GARP)
- University of Passau, Germany
- School of Business, Emporia State University, USA
- School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Leadership Assessment & Development Centre (LADC)- LADC is a centre that gives a competitive advantage in leadership competencies to TAPMI students and the industry at large. The Center nurtures people to be transformational leaders. The Centre also offers leadership training for a group of 20-30 corporate personnel who are trained on all the 3 steps of transformational leadership.
- LITCOM and the LIME- These are the literature clubs of TAPMI Manipal. The members of this club organise literature events at the institute.
- Finomenal and Samnidhy- These are the finance clubs of TAPMI. The members of this club carry out all the finance-related activities and events at TAPMI.
- SPEED- SPEED is the sports club of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal. It is responsible for organising all the sports events at the institute where students can participate.
- DISHA- DISHA is the HR club of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal. They teach about all the qualities required to be a skilled HR personnel.
- Brandscan- Brandscan is the marketing club of TAPMI Manipal. They carry out all the marketing related activities at TAPMI.
- SCOPE- This club is for those who want to work in operations. SCOPE is responsible for all the operations carried out in events like seminars and fests.
- Alumni Relations Committee(ARC)- ARC acts as a bridge between the alumni and TAPMI. ARC engages with the alumni through city meets, international meets and batch meet.
- Esprit- Esprit is the quizzing committee of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal. Esprit conducts a series of internal quizzes in several formats. It encourages students to take part in quizzes and enhance their quick-thinking skills.
- The Bloomberg Championship- The Bloomberg Championship program is an off-site internship program provided by Bloomberg. Its responsibilities are integrating the finance curriculum with Bloomberg and assisting the research activities of the institute. It involves conducting training sessions for students of TAPMI.
- Samnidhy- Samnidhy is a platform for aspiring investors to learn the skills of investing and fund management.
- Atharva Committee- Atharva is the fest of TAPMI Manipal. Atharva Committee is the management team of Atharva. It does everything from planning to organising Atharva.
- OMEGA- Omega is the Student Consulting Wing of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal. It helps small and medium scale enterprises, and small traders in and around Manipal, Udupi, and Mangalore to strive towards excellence in their business.
- TAPMI Journal of Economics and Finance(TJEF)- TJEF is a student-run, peer-reviewed journal which publishes research papers of business students. Finance enthusiasts are encouraged to write research papers/articles on current topics in banking, economics, and finance.
- Welfare- Welfare act as an interface between the management and students.It takes decisions regarding student welfare, maintenance of hostels, the mess, allocation of hostel rooms and parking slots, and festival celebrations. Welfare also ensures the smooth functioning of events happening in TAPMI.
- Literary and Media Committee (LiMe)- LiMe engages in a wide range of activities throughout the year to ensure that any event of the institute is always in the limelight, through a promotions strategy.
- Logistics Committee- The purpose of this committee is to provide back-end support to all committees in conducting their events. They help committees in obtaining permissions from various civic and police authorities for the smooth running of the events, in the identification of vendors for procuring materials required for the events, and in setting up and managing the venues for events along with the college administration.
- Finance Forum- Finance Forum is a medium to familiarise students with the world of finance and transfer the knowledge of the multiple domains of the financial sector through a number of events.
- Toastmasters- The aim of Toastmasters is to empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. It fulfills that mission by organising events like Model United Nations (MUN).
- Operations Forum- Operations Forum works on a threefold mission: nurturing the interest of students in operations, providing networking with industry and highlighting career opportunities in the operations domain.
- Marketing Forum- The Marketing Forum aims to help the students of marketing gain expertise in their field through numerous events. conducted by the in-house faculty and external industry experts to impart real-world knowledge to the students.
- HR Committee- It hosts TAPMI’s event, DISHA, the annual conclave where distinguished industry leaders in the HR domain interact with students.
- Treasury- Treasury takes care of the finances of all the other committees. They show transparency in whatever they are accountable for.
- Social Endeavor Group- This committee works on several initiatives based on sustainable development goals – quality education, good health and well-being for the betterment of the local community.
- Sports Committee- They promote sport and fitness within the student community. They organise sporting events at TAPMI.
- Cultural Committee- This committee provides a platform for students to express their hidden talents. It hosts various events.
- Health Care Committee- It is responsible for hosting the health care conference at TAPMI where business leaders and pioneers of excellence from the healthcare industry are called speakers. The committee also facilitates interaction between the healthcare management students of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal and other MBA colleges.
TAPMI Courses & Fees
TAPMI Exams and Cutoffs
TAPMI Admissions 2021
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal Admission Details:
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal offers admission to the postgraduate (PGDM) and doctoral (Ph.D) courses. TAPMI admission to the PGDM courses will be done on the basis of the combined performance in the CAT/XAT/GMAT examination followed by a past academic record, work experience, WAT, GD, PI, verbal ability percentile while admission to the Ph.D. programme will be done through MAHE eligibility test followed by a written test followed by an interview. Students can check the details of TAPMI admissions procedure given below:
TAPMI PGDM (All Courses) admission process:
- Aspirants needs to appear for CAT/XAT/GMAT and pass with a valid cut-off score.
- Students should fill a TAPMI application form on the website of the institute.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for admission where they have to appear for a Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by a Group Discussion (GD).
- After clearing the Group Discussion round, candidates need to appear for a collaborative problem-solving ability round.
- Further, the applicants have to appear for a Personal Interview (PI).
- The final selection of the candidate will be based on CAT/XAT/GMAT score (Overall Percentile) + Verbal Ability Percentile + academic profile (Xth, XIIth, Undergraduate) + work experience + WAT Score + GD Score + PI Score.
TAPMI admission process for PhD:
- Candidates who qualify the MAHE Eligibility Test for the Ph.D. programme are eligible for a grant in aid instituted by MAHE under the Dr. TA Pai PhD. Scholarship Programme. The selection of shortlisted candidates would be finalised through written test/interview.
- Candidates with GATE/UGC - CSIR - NET-JRF/ICMR -JRF/DBT-JRF/JEST/INSPIRE Fellowship or having qualified other UGC recognised national or state level eligibility test with a valid fellowship at the time of admission are exempted from the qualifying written test conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education and their selection would be by a panel of experts through interview.
- Final TAPMI admission will be offered to the students after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal Facilities:
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal has a well-built infrastructure and proper facilities for the holistic development of the students. The infrastructural facilities help the students to have a great experience of college life. The details of these facilities are given below:
TAPMI Manipal provides several infrastructural facilities such as classrooms, 3 computer centres to provide practical knowledge, library with a collection of journals, separate hostels for boys and girls, sick room to cater to the medical needs, laboratories, canteen to serve food to the students, indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Other facilities like laundry, common rooms, housekeeping, shops, etc are also available for the students to cater to the daily needs.
- Classrooms- The institute has air-conditioned classrooms with seating for 60 to 90 students have been specially designed for interactive participation.
- Seminar Hall- TAPMI Manipal has a seminar hall which can accommodate around 250 peoples at a time. It is also equipped with high-end Audio-Visual equipment.
- Library- TAPMI Mumbai has a 3 storied Knowledge Centre that houses a library in one wing. TAPMI’s library has 38,175 books, a subscription of 273 national and international journals, titles and e-books.
- Hostel- TAPMI has 5 hostel blocks ideal for both study and relaxation. Each room of the hostels has an attached bathroom and a 24-hour hot water facility supported by solar heating. All the hostels have lifts, back-up power and Wi-Fi Internet connectivity. There are separate hostels for men and women. Both double and single rooms are available for accommodation. TAPMI has constructed 6 recreation rooms with games like carrom and chess board for recreation of students.
- Laundry- TAPMI Mumbai has an integrated laundry service provider in the campus for students, faculty and staff. The hostels are also provided with automatic washing machines and irons.
- Medical- TAPMI provides Medicare facility to all the students under the Kasturba Medical Hospital. The campus is also equipped with First Aid kits. Sick room is also available inside the campus.
- Shop- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal has a shop located inside the campus where items of daily needs, snacks and refreshments are sold.
- Housekeeping- TAPMI Mumbai has a facility management service for housekeeping to ensure cleanliness on campus.
- Finance Lab- TAPMI has a finance lab. It is powered by Bloomberg India. It is equipped with 16 Bloomberg terminals and has a seating capacity of 36.
- Information and Communication Technology- TAPMI Mumbai has ICT infrastructure comprising of high-quality hardware, software, and communication systems.
- Audio/Video Systems- TAPMI is equipped with modern audio and video systems. All classrooms are set with speakers, collar microphones for faculty, laptops, whiteboards, and screen projectors while the public lecture halls are equipped with a high-fidelity video screen, speakers, and microphones.
- Canteen/Mess- TAPMI Mumbai has a multi-cuisine canteen in the Students Center that provides students, faculty and staff with nutritious food.
- Sports- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal provides indoor and outdoor sports facilities like Cricket Nets, Table Tennis and Basketball Court.
TAPMI Student Reviews
Last Seen: 04 May' 20
Joined On: 09 May' 13
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
Amazing experience with great grooming
Last Seen: 09 Apr' 18
Joined On: 17 Jun' 14
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
Want to live a complete life in 2 years then join tapmi
Last Seen: 14 Sep' 16
Joined On: 14 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- PGDM Banking and Financial Services
Great College to do MBA
Questions related to TAPMI
when and how will i update my CAT/ XAT scores for TAPMI college form ?
Hope this information helps you, for further information you may seek us again.
- Application is open from September 14 to November 27, 2020
- Candidates must fill in the online Common Application from
- Mandatory entrance exams are CAT-2020 OR XAT-2021 OR GMAT (1st January 2017 – February 28, 2021) OR CMAT 2021 (Nagpur & Hyderabad only) score.
- Application fee is Rs. 2000/- plus applicable bank charges
Ta Pai management institute. What are the qualifications eligibility required to join it? I finished BCA at Christ University
T. A. Pai Management istitute, manipal, karnataka, requires a graduation degree with not less than 50% marks. Final year students can also apply but if they get less than 50% then their admission will be canceled.
For candidate with less than 24 months experience Minimum percentile required
XAT - 85
GMAT - 630
GRADUATION - 60%
12th - 60%
10th - 60%
For candidates with work experience more than 24 months selection process is more about profile considered shortlisting
alliance school of business, Bangalore vs ta pai management institute, Manipal which is better business school? and more scope
Both of them are good choice for MBA but please read this article I think you understand easily.
t.a. pai management institute (tapmi) highlights
Year of establishment
27 th for MBA by NIRF in 2020
19 th for MBA by BW Business World in 2019
19 th for MBA by Business Today in 2019
Modes of education
Number of courses offered
3 courses in 3 streams
Highest salary offered (overall)
Rs 25 LPA
Average salary offered (overall)
Rs 12.7 LPA (PGDM-BKFS)
Rs 11.4 LPA (PGDM-General)
t.a. pai management institute (tapmi) rankings
T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) has been ranked as follows in 2019:
33 rd for Private MBA by NIRF
35 th for MBA by Economic Times
41 st for MBA by Composite Rank
Please visit the link for more information.
alliance school of business highlights
Year of establishment
Ranked 34 th for MBA by Outlook in 2020
Ranked 42 nd for MBA by NIRF in 2019
Ranked 46 th for MBA by Economic Times in 2019
Modes of education
Number of courses offered
Salary offered (2018)*
Rs 10.17 LPA
Rs 18 LPA
Please visit this link for more information.
Hope that's helpful
Best of luck
can I do MBA an Alliance University ? is it better then ta pai management institute.
Ofcourse you can pursue MBA in Alliance School of Business in Marketing, Finance and Operations with a fees of 13.50 lakhs. If both colleges are compared, median salary for Alliance is 10.20 lacs while that of TA Pai is 11.20 lacs. TA Pai Management is a old college established in 1980. Both are private colleges and have almost similar facilities.
I am providing you the link to compare the colleges on Careers360:
which one to choose between TAPMI Manipal-PGDM and KJ Somaiya- MBA Core ? please specify reasons. thanks in advance
TAPMI, Manipal:- rating 4.2/5. Highest salary :- 23.8 lpa. average salary :- 10.6 lpa. Infrastructure is good. Good facility is provided to students. faculty are helpful for any study requirement.
for more details, please visit the link below:- https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/tapmi-manipal-final-placement-report-2018
KJ Somaiya:- highest salary :- 28.5lpa. average salary:- 13.25lpa. rating :- 4/5. Infrastructure is good Food service and accomodation is best. college provides hygenic environment for safe stay with good health. Academic curriculum is updated and faculty crowd is even. faculties provide good guide for learning.
All in all, KJ Somaiya is good. if you find comfortable and suitable option then you can choose KJ Somaiya Institute of management. TAPMI is not a bad option but SIMSR performs good every year.
Hope it helps!
TAPMI Notable Alumni
TAPMI Related Articles
TAPMI Admission 2021 - T. A. Pai Management Institute has begun the online ....
Getting admission into an MBA from a top B-school is not an easy task. Cand....
TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal (TAPMI) has announced the admission pr....
TAPMI Manipal Final Placement Report 2019 - TAPMI Manipal has completed the....
T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) has released the final placement repo....
Manipal: T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), has announced the launch o....
TAPMI Manipal Final Placement Report 2018 - TAPMI or T A Pai Management Ins....
Dr. Aditya Jadhav, Admissions-Chairman at TA Pai Management Institute (TAPM....
‘It’s wonderful to work with Quality students,’ says Prof. Madhu Veeraraghvan, Director of TAPMI, Manipal
Prof. Madhu Veeraraghvan, Director of T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI)....
Professor Madhu Veeraraghavan took charge as the new Director of the T.A.....
Our curriculum is constantly upgraded with the changing business landscape: Dr R C Natarajan, Director, TAPMI Manipal
In an interview with Careers360, Dr. R C Natarajan, Director, TAPMI Manip....
The T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal has completed its final place....
TAPMI Manipal has completed the final placement process for the batch of ....
Institute: TAPMI, Manipal Established in 1984, TAPMI was the second B-Sch....
T.A. Pai Management Institute invites applications from eligible candidates....
Choosing the right B-School is indeed a tough task and to achieve this ta....
Institute: T A Pai Management Institute, ManipalT A Pai Management Instit....
TAPMI Manipal organized the 17th Leadership Lecture on July 19, 2014. Shr....
The TAPMI, Manipal, will organize a two day Annual HR Conclave- DISHA sta....
TAPMI Manipal organized an induction program for its first batch of PGDM-....
TAPMI Professor, Dr A Siva kumar’s Case on UPSL- Exploring Operations Str....
How your internship helps you to have experience in the core aspects of m....
T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal hosted its 28th Annual Con....
TAPMI, Manipal, has extended the application deadline for the Post Gradua....
Mr. Ratan N. Tata, Chairman Emeritus, TATA Group of companies interacted w....
This year, Etihad Airways offered 5 International Placements with the hig....
Atharva, the international B-School festival of TAPMI is renowned for att....
TAPMI Latest News
TAPMI Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: