- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram
The admission process is based on the requirement of GATE or UGC-CSIR NET or CAT/JMET/XAT/MAT/ATMA/GATE/UGC for the purpose of registering for Ph.D
Candidates with the following qualifications are eligible for admission to Ph.D.
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology, Architecture or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program with the stipulation that admission to the Master's program should have been based on a valid GATE score.
- Masters degree in Basic Sciences or Mathematics with a minimum CGPA of 6.5. Such candidates should have qualified through national level examinations such as UGC-CSIR NET to be eligible for admission to Ph.D.
- For a Ph.D. in Management, candidates should have a Masters's degree or equivalent PG Diploma in Management with a minimum CGPA of 6.0. They should, in addition, have a Bachelors's degree with a good academic record and should have qualified in national level examinations such as CAT/JMET/XAT/MAT/ATMA/GATE/UGC.
- SC/ST candidates and differently-abled persons are eligible for admission with a minimum CGPA of 5.5 at the Master’s level in all the cases (i) to (iii) above. Other conditions remain the same as those for the general category candidates. The following are exempted from the requirement of GATE or UGC-CSIR NET or CAT/JMET/XAT/MAT/ATMA/GATE/UGC for the purpose of registering for Ph.D.:
(a)Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology /Architecture or Masters degree in Basic Sciences/Mathematics or Masters degree/equivalent PG Diploma in Management together with a Bachelors's degree and having THREE years of teaching experience in AICTE approved colleges or NBA accredited departments.
(b) Those with educational qualifications as in (a) above and having a minimum of THREE years’ experience in a reputed industry as assessed by the University
(c) Candidates who have fellowship/scholarship support from any Government Agency.