- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Master of Science (M.Sc) in Mathematics and Operational Research is a full-time two-year postgraduate course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
a) In all the Faculties/Departments, except the ones offering inter-disciplinary or professional courses, there are two modes of admission for postgraduate courses:
- Merit or Direct: 50% of the total intake shall be filled by direct. Admission of the students of the University of Delhi only, on the basis of merit. This mode is not available to students from other Universities.
- Entrance: Remaining 50% of the seats shall be filled through entrance examination and Interview /Group Discussion.
b) It may again be noted that all the applicants seeking admission to the postgraduate courses are required to register online.
c) Applicants can choose to apply in these two modes under the following three options: (a) Merit only, (b) Entrance only, or (c) Merit + Entrance.
d) The seat distribution for each Course under Direct and Entrance modes. Reservation/ concession to the prescribed extent shall apply separately in both the modes (Direct and Entrance) in compliance with the rules notified by the University from time to time. The Departments will release the Admission lists in both modes, separately for all categories.
e) The Courses having Interview/Group Discussion (GD) after Entrance test, along with their weight.
- Entrance Category- Bachelor degree in any subject and has studied at least 3 courses each of one-year duration or6 courses each of one-semester duration in Mathematics. And 50% or above marks in aggregate or equivalent grade.
- Merit Category- B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) Examination in Mathematics of the University of Delhi. And 60% or above marks in aggregate or equivalent grade.