Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
number of course credit 3
The proposed course on Biochemistry by Swayam aims to provide the applicants with the fundamental concepts of biochemistry and so that appearing students can learn about the core concepts that pertain to biochemistry in detail. The Biochemistry- IITM certification syllabus over the period of twelve weeks will be covering concepts like- water, enzyme, citric acid cycle, carbohydrates, buffer, acids, oxidative phosphorylation, ATP synthesis, and others.
The programme will be recognised by the government and will help the students with economically vulnerable class to study about the higher concepts of biochemistry for free. The program will be offering the applicants free registration. Also, during the course tenure, the students will be gaining access to - quizzes, assignments, lecture videos, and others. The students after completing the course will thus have their skills increased in the subject of “catabolism of lipids”. They will learn about the various core concepts of biochemistry and its allied subjects.
- Course organized by Swayam
- A certificate recognized by the Government
- Course in association with Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- 12 weeks duration of the program
- Online learning
- Case studies
- Reading material
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The Biochemistry fees are nil. Candidates are not supposed to pay any fee amount for enrolling and pursuing it.
- The students who want to receive the certificate need to pay an amount of Rs.1000/- and then appear for the examination.
Biochemistry fees details
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Biochemistry training will be helping the following applicants-
- Candidates who wish to secure a government recognized certificate in the field of biochemistry can apply for the program
- Life sciences undergraduate students
To apply for the Biochemistry- IITM program the students need to have an understanding of introductory level organic chemistry and organic biology.
Certification Qualification Details
For getting the Biochemistry certification the students have to apply for the examination after enrolling for the examination from the designated examination center. To qualify for a certificate, it is essential for candidates to have scored 25% as an average of the best 8 assignments out of 12. They need to also achieve 75% scores out of 100 in final term exams.
Thus, forgetting the certificate the applicant needs to have an assignment score of >=10/25 and an examination score of >=40/100.
What you will learn
The applicants will be studying the following in the Biochemistry program-
- The candidates will be studying the citric acid cycle and its application in biochemistry.
- Students will be made to understand the concept of acid and bases and their application.
- Hormonal regulation and its cycle will also be covered by all the applicants.
- The method of analyzing the metabolism of the human body will be covered in the course.
- The process of nitrogen fixation and the catabolism of lipids will be studied by the students.
- The Biochemistry certification syllabus provides details about enzymes.
- The mechanism of lipid biosynthesis will also be covered by the applicants in the course.
- Biological-oxidation and its process will be elaborated on to the candidates.
- The students will be introduced to the concept of biomolecules.
- About the topic of buffer and pH scales the applicants will be taught.
Filling the form
Candidates looking forward to being a part of the Biochemistry certification course, have to follow the mentioned steps-
Step 1: Candidates are requested to visit the below-given URL
Note- Since the program is ongoing there is no joining or login option available for this course. The students can contact the officials of Swayam for details.
Introduction to biomolecules; stereochemistry
Water; Acids and bases; pH; Buffer; Proteins
Enzyme inhibitors; Carbohydrates
Lipids; Introduction to metabolism; Bioenergetics
Biological oxidation-reduction reactions; Glycolysis
Citric acid cycle; oxidative phosphorylation; ATP synthesis
Nitrogen fixation and amino acid biosynthesis; Catabolism of amino acids
Catabolism of lipids
Hormonal regulation and integration of metabolism
How it helps
The Biochemistry certification benefit is for the students who have existing knowledge in the subject of organic chemistry and biology. The applicants will be guided by the Indian Institute of Technology Madras on the digital platform. The course has been formulated by the experts of Swayam under the guideline of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The certificate that the applicants will receive after the end of the Biochemistry course can also be shared by them in their resume and CV.
Also, the e-certificate that the students will receive can be added to the LinkedIn account or any other such professional media handles for getting better job opportunities and career advancements. The students can get themselves registered for this course to learn about the topics for free from the experts. For evaluation of the students, the institute will be organizing periodic tests, quizzes, and assessment modules. After completing the program the students who are now undergoing life science undergraduate courses will benefit as they will have their existing knowledge in biochemistry enhanced. The course guides will be made available to the applicants and also they can experience comprehensive learning. The online certification course will thus make the participants ready for future prospects.
The Biochemistry- IITM certification syllabus has been mentioned on the official website of the course.
The Biochemistry- IITM certification course will be continuing for a period of twelve weeks.
The classes for the Biochemistry- IITM online course will be conducted on the online platform.
The Biochemistry- IITM fees for examination the students need to pay an amount of Rs.1,000/-
The classes for the course will be conducted by the professors of the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
The place of examination will be notified to all the appearing candidates.
No, for the Biochemistry training scholarship is not available since it is free of cost.
To apply for the given course the students need to have prior knowledge in the subject of biology and organic chemistry.
The certificate will be issued by the students shortly after they complete their course by appearing for the examination.
No, to apply for the course no working experience is required for the students.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.