Admission Process 2021
BITS Pilani, Goa offers B.E., M.Sc., M.E. and Ph.D. programmes. To get an admission to B.E and M.Sc candidates are required to apply for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT). For M.E admission, candidates need to appear for the BITS HD Admission Test or GATE entrance exam. To get an admission to Ph.D, candidates have to appear for an Admission Test, conducted by BITS Pilani, Goa. The detailed admission process of BITS Pilani, Goa is given below:
The admission process of BITS Pilani, Goa for B.E. and M.Sc.:
- Candidates have to appear for BITSAT entrance exam.
- The merit position of all eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of their total scores in BITSAT.
- Candidates will be offered admission based on their merit position in BITSAT.
- Candidates who have obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations are given direct admission. They don't need to appear for BITSAT exam.
The admission process of BITS Pilani, Goa for M.E.:
- Candidates need to appear for BITS HD Admission Test/GATE Entrance Exam. Candidates can appear for both exams too.
- Candidates have to apply online through the BITS admission website. Candidates can apply based on the GATE score only or based on BITS HD Admission Test score only or based on the BITS HD Admission Test and GATE scores both.
- Two separate merit lists will be prepared. One will be prepared based on the GATE score and the other will be prepared based on the BITS HD Admission Test score.
- 50% of the seats will be allotted through the GATE score and the other 50% will be allotted by BITS HD Admission Test marks.
- Candidates who clear the cut-off declared by the Admissions Committee will be offered admission.
The admission process of BITS Pilani, Goa for PhD:
- Candidates need to apply for admission online on the BITS admission website.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an Admission Test, which may comprise of a Written Exam and/or an Interview.
- Candidates with M.Phil./M.E./M.Tech. or with National level fellowships like CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF etc. are exempted from taking the Written Exam.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
- Admission based on the score of BITSAT entrance exam.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT.