- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
Master of Architecture (M.Arch) in Habitat Design is a two-year full-time postgraduate course offered by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and approved by Council of Architecture (COA).
For admission through PGCET-
Admission can be obtained under two categories:
- The candidate must appear in PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) conducted by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority).
- Candidates with valid GATE score can also apply directly for the admission.
For admission through Management Quota-
Candidates fulfilling the following minimum qualification may apply for admission to M.Arch.[Habitat Design] Program under Management Quota:
- Candidates with Bachelors degree in Architecture(B.Arch)or equivalent recognized by Council of Architecture, New Delhi with 50% in the aggregate of all the years of the B.Arch degree examination( (45% of marks in case of SC, ST and Category-I candidates.)
- The candidates should be GATE (Architecture) qualified or should have qualified for the Entrance Examination conducted by an authority recognized by Government of Karnataka / VTU/ any other University on approval by Government of Karnataka. Further, there shall be an Admissions Committee for the M.Arch programme consisting of the Principal of the College as the Chairman, Head of the concerned Department, one senior faculty of the concerned Department or Subject Experts as members. The Admissions Committee will select the candidates for admissions through the process of interviews.
Admission to the Master of Architecture Programme shall be open to all the candidates who have passed B.Arch. Examination of VTU or any other recognized University / Institution. For the foreign degrees Equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities is a must. The candidates who have completed their prerequisite degree through the distance mode education from any University (National or International) are not eligible for admission to M.Arch. Programs under any quota i.e., Government/ Management.
Qualification awarded by the Indian Institute of Architects (AIIA) and recognized by the regulations of Council of Architecture (COA), shall be considered equivalent to B.Arch. The candidates seeking admission to M. Arch. Programs on the basis of IIA Associateship qualification shall qualify the Postgraduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)
Admission to M.Arch. Programme shall be open to the candidates who have passed the prescribed qualifying examination with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examination. However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and Category I, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%