Admission Process 2021
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College admissions are offered on the basis of class 12th marks or its equivalent from a recognised board for the UG level. Cut off is released for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College admissions into the UG programmes and these cutoff marks are based on the best of four marks obtained in class 12th board examination. Following are the list of eligibility criteria for Deen dayal Upadhyaya College UG Admission:
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College UG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020-21
10+2 in Science stream having 50% or above in relevant subject and 50% or above in 10+2
10+2 in Arts stream having 50% or above in relevant subject and 50% or above in 10+2
10+2 in Commerce stream having 50% or above in relevant subject and 50% or above in 10+2
10+2 with an aggregate of 50% marks and must have passed Mathematics.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College UG Admission Process
Candidates have to submit the application form on the official website of DU.
Cut off based on merit of the qualifying exam will be released by the college for each course.
Those candidates who are eligible for admission into Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College based on the cut off marks can apply for the particular course in the College by downloading the application form and filling it accordingly.
Verification of documents followed by payment of fees is the final step of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College admission procedure.
Documents Required for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College UG Admissions
Signature of the Candidate
Admit Card of class 12th
Marks sheet of 10+2 level
Caste Certificate (if applicable)
NOTE: The application process should be done online, all the documents should be uploaded (50kb each) along with the application.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
1. The admissions to various colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria. The candidate seeking admission to the Undergraduate Courses- UG merit based and UG entrance test based programme courses must have registered online on the UG admission portal: https://ug.du. ac.in/app/.
2. The candidate who meets the requisite cut-off* will login to the UG admission portal (https://ug.du. ac.in/app/) and select college/course where he/she wishes to take admission.
3. He/she shall take the print out of the admission form and together with the list of documents/ certificates shall report to the college for verification of documents according to admission schedule.
4. The candidate who qualifies, is required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies along with the print out of the admission form at the time of admission: i. Certificate of Secondary School Examination/ Matric (X class) as proof of Date of Birth. ii. Marks sheet of class XII. iii. Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate. iv. Character Certificate from the school/college last attended (recent). v. SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority. The name of the candidate taking admission to the college must be the same as on the certificate. vi. OBC Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by Competent Authority and a Non -Creamy Layer status certificate for the financial year 2017-18, issued after 31st March, 2018. vii. Transfer Certificate from school / college as well as Migration Certificate from Board / University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi. viii. Two recent self-attested passport size photographs. ix. Proof of last examination in Hindi Language passed, if available.
5. The college will retain the certificates of approved candidate. However, the college will return the documents in case student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
6. Selected candidate will make the online Admission Fee payment by logging-on to the UG admission portal. The approved candidate is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline.
7. The Admission in a college is completed only after realization of the fee payment on the UG admission portal within the prescribed time-limit. In case a student cancels the admission from the college, the fee will be adjusted or refunded by University of Delhi online through its UG admission portal.
8. The colleges shall admit all the candidates who meet the announced cut-off criteria. The policy will not be “first come, first served.”
9. A candidate can take admission only in one course in one college at any given time.
10. The candidates who could not take admission in a given cut-off list can be considered for admission in the immediate next cut-off list only on the last date of admission, subject to availability of seats.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What if I am not eligible for admission after the first cut off list for the subject that I applied?
You can wait for the 2nd or 3rd cut off list till you meet the eligibility criteria or take admission in another stream where you are eligible.
Question: What is the total strength for B Sc Maths Honours?
The total strength for B Sc Maths Honours is 68.
Question: What is the total fees for B Sc Physics Honours?
The total fees for B Sc Physics Honours is Rs 58,030 thousand.
Question: What is the eligibility criteria for BSc honours in Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College?
The eligibility criteria for BSc honors in Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 in Science stream having 50% or above in relevant subject and 50% or above in 10+2.
Question: What are the documents required for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College UG courses?
The documents for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College UG courses are as follows:
Photograph, Signature of the Candidate, Admit Card of class 12th, Marks sheet of 10+2 level, Caste Certificate(if applicable), EWS Certificate, PWD Certificate, Migration Certificate.