- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Sanskrit Hons. is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
Hindu College is not only one of the most distinguished undergraduate educational institutions of the country, but it is also the first choice of the students for the study of Sanskrit language and literature. Students come from North East, Uttrakhand, Punjab, Bihar and other states of the country. The medium of instruction is the Tri language formula-Hindi, Sanskrit, English. More than one hundred and thirty students are enrolled at the graduate and post graduate levels in the Department. The Department has talented and accomplished faculty members. Their high degree of academic and professional proficiency is a result of their commendable academic work. The Department also offers Interdisciplinary courses.
The students are introduced to critical analysis through commentaries and other modern approaches. The teachers are interested in interpreting texts from the modern point of view and their endeavors, to inculcate a scientific approach to the study of Sanskrit, have borne fruits in the form of an innovation project of the University of Delhi. Together with the Botany Department the teachers and students of the Sanskrit Department worked on the description of flora by a Sanskrit poet giving it a scientific interpretation.
- The admissions to colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria depending on the course selected by an aspiring student.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses & UG entrance test based must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programme/course must register through online registration,
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and the college website for detailed cut-offs for different programmes/courses.
- Selection of Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission/registration form and together with the list of documents/certificates, proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The College will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case the student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-in to the UG admission portal to make the online admission fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission.
A person, who have passed Higher Secondary/Intermediate (10+2) School leaving examination conducted by CBSE/ISC or any recognized board.