- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Sociology Hons. is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
The department has an accomplished faculty with considerable expertise in a wide range of subject areas including economic and political sociology, kinship, religion, gender, urban sociology, social stratification, and sociological theories. Specialists in the discipline are also invited periodically to deliver lectures on a chosen theme to further invigorate the academic environment.
The department has an energetic ‘sociological society’ with elected student office bearers. In active collaboration with the faculty, the society organizes academic seminars, lectures, and workshops during an academic year. Our annual departmental festival ‘RITES’ is the highpoint of the society’s calendar; it is an inter-college event having both an academic and extra-curricular component. The department also brings out an annual journal of which students constitute the editorial team. In a recent endeavor, the department has inaugurated an Ethnographic Film Club, which holds screenings and discussions of ethnographic films from around the world. Our students also participate actively in various co-curricular societies of the college often assuming crucial leadership roles in them.
- The admissions to colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria depending on the course selected by an aspiring student.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses & UG entrance test based must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programme/course must register through online registration,
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and the college website for detailed cut-offs for different programmes/courses.
- Selection of Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission/registration form and together with the list of documents/certificates, proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The College will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case the student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-in to the UG admission portal to make the online admission fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission.
A person, who have passed Higher Secondary/Intermediate (10+2) School leaving examination conducted by CBSE/ISC or any recognized board.