- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Chemistry Hons is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
The Department of Chemistry has been one of the most prestigious and well-known Departments across the University. It has the distinction of having some very eminent teaching faculty who have been well-known authors. With a dedicated team of fifteen strong academicians, the Department proudly takes the credit of producing University toppers consistently in the undergraduate programme.T he students of the Department are able to get admission in some of the best Post-graduate, research-based Science and Engineering courses in India and abroad. To name a few mentions should be made of institutions like TIFR, IISc, IITs, TERI, etc. Apart from classroom teaching, several of the faculty members are actively involved in research projects and publishing books.
The department has two well-equipped laboratories along with an instrumentation laboratory that houses modern instruments, such as U.V.-Visible Spectrophotometer, Flame Photometers, Potentiometers, pH meters, and colorimeters, etc.,
The Department boasts of a vibrant co-scholastic society, 'TATVA', where the students and teachers interact beyond classroom and course curricula, to express themselves freely. The society organizes seminars, workshops, and popular lectures on a regular basis to enrich and update its members with the latest developments across the globe. One of the most attractive events organized by the society is the Inter-College festival 'CATALYSIS' which also witnesses the release of the annual magazine 'SUBSTANCE'
- The admissions to colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria depending on the course selected by an aspiring student.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses & UG entrance test based must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programme/course must register through online registration,
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and the college website for detailed cut-offs for different programmes/courses.
- Selection of Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission/registration form and together with the list of documents/certificates, proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The College will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case the student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-in to the UG admission portal to make the online admission fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission.
The candidate should have passed in 10+2 with the relevant subject. And The overall percentage in 3 subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics should be 55% and one compulsory language should be 50%.
My experience was amazing at Hindu
- Batch of 2021
- B.Sc Chemistry Hons
This place will make you a limited edition
Joined On: 14 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of 2018
- B.Sc Chemistry Hons