Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi offers Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Business Administration – International Business (MBA - IB), Master of Business Administration – Agribusiness, PGDBA, Diploma and Doctoral Courses to the students. The detailed admission process of the courses offered by IMS BHU is given below:
MBA and MBA International Business Programmes
- Candidates have to apply and appear for CAT.
- Aspirants have to register at FMS, BHU and submit an online application.
- Based on the CAT scores, candidates will be called for Group discussion and Interview, conducted by the university.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the combined score of CAT, the academic record of the candidate, Group discussion and Interview.
- Further, the shortlisted candidates have to participate in the counselling round.
- Final admission will be offered to students based on the combined score of CAT, the academic record of the candidate, Group discussion and Interview, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the written test conducted by Banaras Hindu University.
- Further, candidates have to participate in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by FMS, BHU.
- Candidates have to qualify for these rounds.
- Final admission will be based on the marks obtained in the written test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- PGDBA Programme/Diploma & Certificate Programme
Eligible candidates have to apply on the university website of the university.
- Candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by FMS, BHU.
- Aspirants have to qualify the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
- Final admission will be based on the combined scores of GD and PI.
Doctoral Program in Management
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the Common Research Entrance Test conducted by the Controller of Examinations, Banaras Hindu University.
- Based on the marks secured in the test, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission.
- Candidates who have qualified NET-JRF of UGC will be exempted from the Common Research Entrance Test.
View Course Specific Admission Process
|29 Sep, 2020 (Tentative)||Application Correction - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|28 Oct, 2020 - 29 Nov, 2020||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|29 Nov, 2020||Exam | Mode: Online|
|09 Jan, 2021 (Tentative)||Result | Mode: Online|
|05 Aug, 2020 - 23 Sep, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
|29 Jul, 2020||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
|29 Feb, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
Admission to the MBA Programs of the Institute will be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), Academic Records (20%) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview (30%).