About Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi was established in the year 1968. The institute is founded by Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya. It is also known as FMS BHU. In the year 1984, the institute obtained Independent Faculty Status. In the year 2001, FMS BHU was recognised as one of the Quality Improvement Programme Centres by the All India Council for Technical Education. The institute offers Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Business Administration – International Business (MBA - IB), Master of Business Administration – Agribusiness, PGDBA, Diploma and Doctoral Courses to the students.
FMS BHU is located at Aurobindo Colony, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. Manduadih Railway Station is 6 km away from the institute. Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is around 30 km away from the institute. FMS BHU is 10.4 km away from Kashi Bus Depot. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
- Allahabad Bank Professorial Chair
- Rural Electrification Corporation, Ministry of Power
- Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Human Resource Development
- ICICI Pru life
- Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sanghatan
- Indian Postal Department
- National Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Business Incubation Centre under the Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
Sevaarth: This is the Community Services Club of FMS BHU that encourages students to participate in various social service activities in order to eradicate the social problems and work for the betterment of society.
Kalpavriksha: This Club organises various activities and events for the students such as Canvass, Impulse, Mirror, etc and encourages them to take part in it which will help them in personality development and broadening their outlook.
Sports Club: This Club promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
Placement Cell: The members of this Cell works to prepare the prospective students for the campus selection programs and helps in the smooth conduction of recruitment drive.
Cultural Club: This Club organises cultural programmes and functions for the students and encourages them to participate in it.
Courses & Fees
Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi offers Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Business Administration – International Business (MBA - IB), Master of Business Administration – Agribusiness, PGDBA, Diploma and Doctoral Courses to the students. The detailed admission process of the courses offered by IMS BHU is given below:
MBA and MBA International Business Programmes
- Candidates have to apply and appear for CAT.
- Aspirants have to register at FMS, BHU and submit an online application.
- Based on the CAT scores, candidates will be called for Group discussion and Interview, conducted by the university.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the combined score of CAT, the academic record of the candidate, Group discussion and Interview.
- Further, the shortlisted candidates have to participate in the counselling round.
- Final admission will be offered to students based on the combined score of CAT, the academic record of the candidate, Group discussion and Interview, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the written test conducted by Banaras Hindu University.
- Further, candidates have to participate in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by FMS, BHU.
- Candidates have to qualify for these rounds.
- Final admission will be based on the marks obtained in the written test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- PGDBA Programme/Diploma & Certificate Programme
Eligible candidates have to apply on the university website of the university.
- Candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by FMS, BHU.
- Aspirants have to qualify the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
- Final admission will be based on the combined scores of GD and PI.
Doctoral Program in Management
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the Common Research Entrance Test conducted by the Controller of Examinations, Banaras Hindu University.
- Based on the marks secured in the test, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission.
- Candidates who have qualified NET-JRF of UGC will be exempted from the Common Research Entrance Test.
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
Exams and Cutoffs
Grab as much as you can.
The unmatched return on investment.
Good opportunity of doing MBA
Best Place to study
Last Seen: 16 Sep' 16
Joined On: 16 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Computing Centre: The institute has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
Canteen: The college has a cafeteria that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
Seminar Halls: Institute of Management Studies, BHU has seminar halls which are used in organising events and activities for the students.
Swimming Pool: There is a swimming pool present inside the institute premises for the students to relax amid the busy schedule.
Guest House: FMS BHU has a guest house in order to provide accommodation to the visitors and guests.
Health Centre: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a Health Centre which provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Auditorium: Institute of Management Studies, BHU has an auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students.
(Rank 29th in Public/Govt.)
Questions related to Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
i have done my graduation in biology, can i apply for bhu CAT? am i eligible for bhu mba? plz reply..
Admission to MBA program in BHU is done through CAT for which eligibility criteria is passed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% aggregate, in case of SC/ST/PWD it's 45%. CAT scores are assigned 50%, academic records hold 20% weightage, Group discussion and Interview which is conducted by FMS, BHU holds 30% weightage.
If you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, you can appear for CAT, afterwards register at FMS, BHU through separate admission application form, to know more details visit the official website at https://bhu.ac.in/fms/
what are the placements this year
As we know Banaras Hindu University(BHU) is one of the prestigious central institute of our country. IMS BHU is the institute of this university which offers courses for Management Studies.
As it is central government institute so more number of companies like to visit here for campus placement. Let us discuss about latest placement statistics :-
- Total number of students eligible for placement are 149.
- Number of students who appeared for placement are 143.
- Total 22 companies have organised their placement drive.
- 113 students got placed with highest package of 12.0 LPA.
- Average package was 7.2 LPA.
If we talk about domain wise than :-
- Marketing :- INR 12 LPA
- Operations :- INR 12 LPA
- Finance :- INR 7 LPA
- HR :- INR 8.5 LPA
Hope you got the complete information. For further doubts feel free to ask here.
x-80.8% XII- 79.2% GRAD- 68.44% BCOM CAT - 73.225ILE OBC-NC ANY CHANCE TO GET CALL FROM FMS BHU
Sorry to inform you,but you are not eligible for Faculty of Management Studies,Banaras Hindu University,because the cut off for this is 85 percentile and no specific cut off for reserved categories.However there are many colleges you can get admission with this percentile.
For more information about the FMS BHU you can check here https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/fms-bhu-cutoff
I Hope This Helps
Best Of LucK!!
what is the admission process for iim bhu????? please tell me the whole process.......
Bananas Hindu University (BHU) offers an MBA program with 4 specializations. The duration of the BHU MBA program is 2 years.Bachelor Degree in any discipline OR equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks is the minimum qualification for admission to MBA program. Candidates need to appear in CAT exam for the admission in BHU MBA.For Admission in MBA/MBA -IB in Banaras Hindu University candidates need to be graduate with at least 50% marks. Admission process is as follows:
Admission to MBA will be based on Combined Merit acquired by a Candidate in CAT, Academic Record, Group Discussion and Interview.
- Merit list of qualified candidates on the basis of CAT scores will be uploaded by BHU.
- 50% weightage will be given to the CAT Score while calculating the merit for admission to the above Programs.
- 20% weightage for academic records.
- Qualified candidates will be called for group discussion and interview.
- Group Discussion and Interview Score will be given 30% weightage.
- Selected candidates will have to report to university with original documents for verification.
- Non-appearance of the candidate in any of CAT , Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date shall disqualify him/her for admission.
Documents Required for Admission Procedure:
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card / PAN)
- Self-attested copy of the CAT Scorecard.
- Self-attested copies of Mark-sheets of Class X, Class XII and qualifying examination (year wise Mark-sheets).
- Appearing Certificate from the Head of the Institution (in case if the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination).
- Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Self-attested copy of disability certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft of INR 2000/- (or for the amount to be mentioned through GD-PI call letter) in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University is payable at Varanasi as processing fee for GD PI.
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th
- Graduation mark sheet
- CAT scorecard
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
The application form can be filled and submitted online through the official website of BHU.
- Visit http://bhuonline.in/
- Click “Register Yourself”
- Enter name, email id and contact number
- Fill the required personal information
- Enter academic detail and CAT scores
- Upload scanned supporting documents
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee of INR 2000/- (INR 1000/- for SC/ST category) through Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card.
- Submit the filled application form
- Take the print out of submitted application form for further reference
Registration for BHU MBA has been started. Last date for submission of application form is January 25. Application fee of INR 2000 (INR 1000 for SC/ST category) should be paid via Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
Reservation criteria for the MBA program is 15% for SC,7.5% for ST,5% for PC and 27% for Non-OBC candidates.
can i get admission with 60 %ile in CAT and 60 % in other academic for SC Category
For getting admission in IIM's this percentile is low even if you belongs to SC category since admission in IIM's take place on the basis of your CAT score, Past academic score and achievements. Your achievements is also not good so the chances are bleak.
But I suggest you to don't loose hope and try for other MBA colleges and exams like CMAT and MAT.
I hope the above information is beneficial for you.
FMS BHU Admission 2021 - Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has extended the la....
In this interview with Careers360, Prof. PS Tripathi, Director (In-charge),....
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi MBA admission 2019-21 – Institute of Man....
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: