Admission Process 2021
KCG College of Technology, Chennai, offers B.E, B.Tech, M.E and Ph.D courses in engineering and technology. To get admission to various engineering courses offered by the KCG, students need to appear for the state level counselling - Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu. The registration for the counselling starts in the month of May and the counselling rounds start in the month of June. There is no entrance test for TNEA counselling, however, the merit list will be prepared based on the candidates score in class 12 or equivalent, choice filling, choice locking and document verification. Admission to M.E is based on the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET).
The admission process of KCG for B.E/B.Tech:
- Appear for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) counselling .
- The merit list will be prepared accordingly the weightage to percentile obtained by the candidate in TNEA, choice filling, choice locking, and fee payment.
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit list.
The admission process of KCG for M.E:
- Admission to M.E. programme is based on scored obtained in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET). However, GATE qualified candidates are eligible for direct admission.
- Based on the entrance exam and counselling students get admission to the various branches of the colleges
The admission process of KCG for Ph.D:
- Admission to PhD courses in Engineering is made as per the guideline of the Anna University.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for a Common Entrance Test.
- The candidates who have qualified in the entrance test will be called for interview/viva-voce, conducted by the Department Research Committee.
- The general merit list for the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme shall be prepared by the University on the basis of performance of the candidate in the entrance test, the interview/viva-voce and document verification.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
- As per the norms of the Anna University / Tamil Nadu State Government (Based on the +2 marks) and TNEA Counselling.
- All eligible candidates who have applied will be grouped into rounds as per the merit list. Counselling is held round wise therefore each group will have one round of counselling. SMS and email alerts will be sent to the applicants via their registered ids and mobile numbers during each stage of counselling.