|14 Jun, 2019||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|30 May, 2019||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Journalism Hons is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
The Journalism Programme of Lady Shri Ram College is designed to give women an effective voice in the world of media. We believe that this voice will reflect the genuine development needs of all sections of a society in transition such as ours. In a democratic society, the exercise of freedom of expression comes with enormous responsibilities, and the media plays a crucial, decisive role. Our attempt here is to train professionals, who are sensitive to the demands of this role, and who, in the pursuit of truth is alive to its many dimensions.
We see journalists both as transcribers of the aspirations of society and also as catalysts of change. We wish to equip our students for the demands and rigors of the profession along with a commitment to accuracy, fairness, and knowledge. We seek to enliven them with that sense of vocation which empowers them to extend themselves beyond careerism to causes that need support, to ideas that need expression, and to the spirit that cherishes and values freedom.
The teaching methodology incorporates lectures, workshops, and seminars, and emphasizes independent projects and extensive written assignments. It is our attempt at LSR to imbibe the teaching-learning process with the kind of sensitivity that reconciles excellence with humanity, a pedagogy that can break free of rhetoric, shatter myths and rescue imagination and intuition using them as resources to conceive and initiate change. To do this we provide for our students a diverse faculty drawn from the ranks of academics and practitioners and conduct seminars and workshops by practitioners. Our students attend film screenings and documentary festivals as well as seminars and conferences on the media to expand their horizon of experiences and to expose them to a plethora of views. We take pride in fostering our students with ambition, motivation and above all the will to make a difference.
- The admissions to colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria depending on the course selected by an aspiring student.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses & UG entrance test based must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programme/course must register through online registration,
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and the college website for detailed cut-offs for different programmes/courses.
- Selection of Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission/registration form and together with the list of documents/certificates, proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The College will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case the student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-in to the UG admission portal to make the online admission fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission.
The candidate should have passed in 10+2 with the relevant subject. And An aggregate of 45% marks and must have passed the English language in qualifying examination.