The above details are taken from the data submitted with with AICTE. It is to be noted that Enrolment numbers pertain to the 1st year of the batch for which placement data is shown. There is a possibility of placement data being more than enrolment numbers due to lateral enrolment of students.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
SJEC is offers 3 years full time degree course affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka State, and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- St Joseph Engineering College is a Religious Minority Institution and admissions are governed as per religious minority institution status, as stated/declared by Government of Karnataka.
- Selection is based on the merit of the candidate in the qualifying examination and Entrance test marks. Selection and admission will be provisional and is subject to the norms prescribed by A.I.C.T.E, V.T.U. and Government of Karnataka.
- The candidates who meet the qualification are required to appear for entrance test and interview to be conducted at St Joseph Engineering College, Vamanjoor Mangalore or any other place specified by the college, the exact date of which will be intimated.
- The candidates shall bear all the expenses in connection with the selection interview.
Admission to I year /I semester MCA: A candidate who has passed any recognized under graduate examination or equivalent examination with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MCA courses and 45% of marks in qualifying examination (QE) in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates. Provided that in respect of candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified above in Pre-University Course with fifty percent of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. 45% of marks in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates.
Admission to II year /III semester MCA(Lateral entry): A candidate who has passed recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc (I.T. / Computer Science) with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduate Level and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MCA courses (45% of marks in QE in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates) Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates.
For admissions under PGCET qualification and Roaster system of Government of Karnataka: There shall be an Entrance Examination (PGCET) for admission to the MCA programme. A candidate seeking admission to MCA Programme offered in any of the Engineering Colleges affiliated to VTU shall appear for this Examination. For admission under Government quota, ranks obtained in PGCET entrance exam, conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), shall be considered.
For admissions under Management Quota: The candidates should have appeared for the Entrance Examination conducted by KEA (PGCET)/Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) or appeared and qualified under any approved entrance examination conducted by the authority recognized by Government of Karnataka/VTU /any other University of Karnataka state. Further, there shall be an Admissions Committee for the MCA Program consisting of the Principal of the College as the Chairman, Head of the concerned Department and one senior staff member of the concerned Department. The Admissions Committee conducts the interview and selects the candidates for admission.