Asutosh College Admission Process
The college offers admission via two ways - merit basis and entrance exam basis. As per the admission criteria of the institute, only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria set by the college are eligible for Asutosh College admissions. Candidates can take admission in undergraduate courses based on their marks in the 12th standard. Asutosh College admission to PG courses is done based on the entrance exam conducted by the University of Calcutta and on merit basis as well. 60% seats in the PG courses are filled by merit basis and remaining 40% seats are via entrance exam basis. The eligible candidates can initiate the Asutosh College Kolkata admission process by visiting the college's admission portal and filling the Asutosh College application form.
Asutosh College UG Admissions
For undergraduate admissions candidates need a 10+2 examination from a recognised board. The institute offers 31 UG programmes. All the courses are offered in regular mode. Some of the UG courses are B.Sc., B.A. (Hons), B.Voc. etc.
Asutosh College Kolkata UG Courses Eligibility Criteria
10+2 or its equivalent from a recognised board
Minimum 50% marks in 12th standard from a recognised board
HSC with at least 40% marks from a recognised board
At least 60% marks in any stream in 12th standard (55% for reserved category students)
Asutosh College Admission Process For UG Courses
Firstly, candidates should meet the eligibility criteria of the desired course.
Then, visit the Asutosh College admission portal and fill out the application form.
On the basis of candidates 12th standard, the college releases a merit list.
Candidates meeting merit list requirements need to go to the campus.
Secure seat in the desired courses by depositing course fee and submitting documents.
Asutosh College PG Admissions
Admission to postgraduate programmes is given based on the entrance exam. The minimum eligibility criteria for admission in PG courses is a bachelor degree from a recognised university. There are a total of six postgraduate courses available for the students.
Asutosh College Kolkata PG Courses and Eligibility Criteria
Asutosh College PG Admission Procedure (Entranced Based)
Before filling Asutosh College Kolkata application form, candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria.
If eligibility criteria is met, pay application fees and fill the application form.
Then, take up the entrance examination for PG courses conducted by the University of Calcutta.
After obtaining a valid score, register for Calcutta University counselling.
Participate in the counselling and fill college choices.
Select Asutosh College as first preference.
Based on the entrance score, college is allotted to the candidates.
Once Asutosh College is allotted to candidates they need to visit campus.
Complete the admission formalities by submitting documents and depositing course fees.
Asutosh College PG Admission Process (Merit Based)
Once eligibility criteria is fulfilled, fill the application form of the college.
Based on marks obtained in the bachelor degree candidates are shortlisted for admission.
Candidates shortlisted for admission need to visit the campus to complete Asutosh College admission process.
Secure seat by paying the programme fee and depositing the documents.
Asutosh College Courses
Asutosh College Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How can I apply for Asutosh College admissions?
Eligible candidates can apply for admission by visiting the admission portal of the college.
Question: Does the college offer admission on merit basis?
Yes, admission to all the undergraduate courses is given on a merit basis.
Question: Is it mandatory to appear for the entrance exam to take admission in PG courses?
The college offers admission in PG courses based on entrance exam conducted by the University of Calcutta and on merit basis as well. So, it is not compulsory to sit for the entrance exam for admission in the PG programmes.
Question: Who conducts counselling for postgraduate admissions?
The counselling for PG admission is conducted by the University of Calcutta.
Question: What is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission for the MA Bengali programme?
Candidates must have a bachelor degree from a recognised university to take admission in the MA Bengali course.
Question: Can I fill the application form via online mode?
Yes, the application form of the college can be filled via online mode.