Fergusson College, Pune was established by Vishnushastri Chiplunkar, Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Gopal Ganesh Agarkar, Mahadev Ballal Namjoshi and Vaman Shivram Apte in the year 1885. It is also known as FC Pune. The institute is named after Sir James Fergusson, then Governor of Bombay Province. Earlier the college was affiliated to the University of Bombay and currently, it is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune (formerly the University of Pune). Deccan Education Society (DES) is the parent organisation of FE College, Pune. Fergusson College, Pune offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students.
FC Pune is located at Fergusson College Road, Shivajinagar, Pune in Maharashtra. Shivaji Nagar is around 7 km away from the college. Pune International Airport is approximately 14 km away and P M P M L Bus Depot is around 2 km away from the college. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
Fergusson College, Pune is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The institute has the following collaborations:
- The Pennsylvania State University, Harrisburg Campus, USA
- Wadhwani Foundation
- ERASMUS + programme, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland (JU)
- Technowrites Private Ltd., Pune
- National Chemical Laboratory (NCL), Pune.
- National Center for Radio Astronomy (NCRA), Pune
- Indian Institute for Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore
- Inter-University Center for Astronomy & Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune
- Center for Electronics Materials (C-MET), Pune
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC), Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune
- Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune
- Defense Institute of Advanced Technology (Deemed University) (DIAT), Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Placement Cell: The members of this Cell works to prepare the prospective students for the campus selection programs and helps in the smooth conduction of recruitment drive.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
- Astro Club: This Club is for the students who are interested in the field of Astronomy and organises various programmes, seminars and guest lectures for the students.
- Rangers’ Eco Club: The members of this Club make continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connect with the society and communities at large.
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 14 Nov 2022 and the score is 3.62 .
Fergusson College, Pune Admission Process:-
Fergusson College, Pune offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. Fergusson college Pune admission to the undergraduate courses is based on the merit of the qualifying examination whereas, for admission to the postgraduate course, aspirants have to qualify Common Entrance Test followed by an interview. Fergusson College, Pune admission process is given below in details.
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of fergusson college pune.
- Students have to fill the fergusson college application forms for admissions by submitting all documents and pay the amount of fees.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- Candidates will be shortlisted according to the merit list.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the institute level counselling process.
- Fergusson college UG admission will be based on merit, participation in the institute level counselling, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the Common Entrance Test.
- Aspirants have to qualify in the test.
- Based on the merit of the test, a merit list will be prepared for shortlisting the candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to participate in the institute level counselling process.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of merit, participation in the institute level counselling, document verification and fee payment.
- For admission into MA Economics, shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Fergusson college PG admission will be based on merit, performance in the interview, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Fergusson College, Pune has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Hostel: The institution has a hostel in order to provide accommodation to them. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Canteen: The institute has a canteen that provides nutritious and tasty snacks and meals to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
Computing Centre: The institute has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
Staff Residence: The institute offers residential facilities to the teaching and non teaching staff of the college.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
Fergusson College is one of the finest College
Last Seen: 31 Jul' 20
Joined On: 31 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
The college is so good and provided all facilities.
Last Seen: 29 May' 20
Joined On: 29 May' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Sc Microbiology
Questions related to Fergusson College, Pune
can I take admission in bsc microbiology or btech in Fergusson college pune...I got 87% in 12th pcb..if yes how can I complete admission process for 2020?Is process already completed??
I just checked the official website of the college but it seems like they have either removed all the dates or have not yet uploaded the dates for admission as yet. So I would advise you to keep checking their official website if they upload anything or you can also email the microbiology department HOD and ask her directly if you have any doubts. Ferguson college is a reputed institution and if you happen to get in, I wish you all the best.
i am from Bihar. how to fill form of bsc biotechnology in Fergusson college, pune? is there any entrance exam this year? is application form available? is it private?
You have to apply online for the bsc courses but the dates for application for this session was from 26th August to 28th August.So you can't apply here anymore.Search for different universities having similar programs and whose application is not over yet.
Best of luck!
What is the cut off for Bsc Biotech in Fergusson College Pune?
Hello Yash Sali, For a non Maharashtra candidate cut off should be somewhere around 85 percentage to 90 percentage. And for a Maharashtra candidate, Cut off is around 75 percentage for Bsc Biotech in Fergusson College Pune .
Hope it is helpful for you :)
Best of luck for your future
are forms out? how can we fill the forms? i am not able to find the form on the clg website
Yes, the forms are out and admission to Fergusson College, Pune has started from 17th July 2020.
To apply for the admissions, follow these steps:-
- Visit fcadmission.deccansociety.org
- Register as Applicant (create login ID)
- Fill the profile & qualification details
- Upload necessary documents (a copy of online result and caste certificate-if applicable). Student without caste certificate will treated as open. Caste certificate from other state is not valid.
- Select the program
- Pay the Application forms fees Online (net banking/credit/debit card)
- Only Online submission is accepted.
- Postal or hardcopy submission will not be accepted.
Refer here for more info - https://www.fergusson.edu/upload/document/26787__RevisedFYApplicationformnotice_240720.pdf
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
I hope this information helps you.
Does Fergusson College, Pune and K.J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai offer B.A Honours Economics OR B.A Programme with specialisation in Economics in the 3rd year?
Yes Fegusson College does offer a BA course in Economics. You can verify the same at this link:
Moreover K.J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai also offers a course on B.A.- Degree in Economics (Three year- Semester system). You can verify the same at this link: https://kjsac.somaiya.edu/en/programme/kjsac-ba/economics
So both the colleges offer the required degree. Choose wisely!
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 14 Nov 2022 ; CGPA : 3.62