- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
The MCA department was established in 2006 with an intake of 60 students. The department offers 2 year Full-time MCA Program. The primary objective of this program is to train graduate students to meet the growing needs of the Information Technology industry.
The highlights of the Department are as follows:
- Awarded an ‘Autonomous’ status from the academic year 2016-17
- Recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education AICTE
- Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Karnataka, India
- Recognized as a Research Centre from Visvesvaraya Technological University
- Adopted Outcome-Based Education (OBE)
- Highly qualified and experienced Faculty with subject expertise
- Facilitates compulsory Internship for students in reputed firms
- Comprehensive Curriculum Design - inclusive of internships, mini-projects, Soft skills and aptitude training, industrial visits, and disruptive technology like AI, IoT, Machine Learning, etc.
- Strong alumni network to improve Industry Institute Interaction
- Project exhibitions to demonstrate students’ research & innovation in the areas of IoT, Big data and Cloud computing.
Admission through PGCET: Government of Karnataka conducts PGCET tentatively during the month of July/ August. 50% of the total intake of the seats is to be filled through this test.
Admission through Management quota: 50% of the total intake of the seats is to be filled through management quota. Candidates with PGCET / K-MAT Score are eligible to apply during the month of June / July. Students can approach the Admission Office.
Students must have a BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent degree OR students must have passed B. Sc./ B. Com/ B. A. with Mathematics at 10+ 2 levels or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the University).
Students must have 50% or more (rounding-off aggregate percent is not permitted) aggregate in the qualifying examination. However, in the case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC/ST and Category-1, the aggregate percentage of marks shall be 45% or more (rounding-off aggregate percent is not permitted).
Entrance exam eligibility: PGCET/K-MAT
Lateral entry- BCA/B.Sc (IT/CS) graduate with Mathematics as the course at 10+2 Level with a minimum of 50% aggregate at the degree levels as per the AICTE norms’.
It very good of BE course but not for PG cource(MCA)
Last Seen: 26 Jul' 16
Joined On: 26 Jul' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of 2015