Tourism Transport and Travel Services
To acquire an understanding of the significance of transport for encouragement of tourism & its development, pick Tourism Transport and Travel Services course.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
number of course credit 4
The Tourism and Travel Services program deals with the need for various forms of transportation around the world is provided by SWAYAM, an initiative by the government of India. The course entails details about the functioning of tourism and the progress of its services with time.
This program explains how the construction of modes of transport on air/sea/rail/road and maintenance of the already built ones affects tourism and other travel services & this includes improvement of community flight working and construction of regional airports.
SWAYAM’s Tourism and Travel Services course talks about the prevailing measures of safety and security in these transportation modes and how these measures are just acceptable, however, tourists contemplate the cost of transportation is high.
The program explains, to the candidates, the importance of tourism development in a country which could be done to a greater extent in not just one but various other transportation elements. This course describes the importance of the development of tourism and how every collaborator has a significant role to play in its further development in various regions.
- Course span- 12 weeks
- Charge-free education
- Credit transfer feasible
- Availability of costless course reference material
- Video lessons
- MHRD recognized program
- Self-assessment online course
- Enriched & creative teaching technique
- Government initiative
- Elective course type
- Costless learning
- E-discussions forums
- Recorded sessions
- Downloadable study resources
- Online quizzes
Course and certificate fees
All the information regarding the fee for the Tourism Transport and Travel Services course is as follows:
- Since the SWAYAM program is a government initiative to increase the level of awareness and education for all citizens of the country, this course is offered to everyone free of cost.
- But in case the candidates also want a verified certificate after course completion, they have to pay a certain amount as a fee.
Tourism Transport and Travel Services
Note: The price of certification is not written on the SWAYAM web page as of now. Candidates must open the website in a timely, to know the updated fee details.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
Tourism Transport and Travel Services are appropriate for the following participants:
- In general, the program can be done by any and everyone.
- This course should be taken up by the candidates who are interested in learning about the tourism and services offered by the travel industry of our country.
- This course can also be done by participants wanting to build a career in tours and travels or for those who want to be travel guides.
Certification Qualifying Details
In order to gain a certificate from SWAYAM candidates must complete the full course learning, give the online assessments, the assignments. The marks given for these will be 30% of the complete result and shall be counted as the internal marks. Another exam will be taken at the end of the program containing 100 questions. This exam has been allotted the rest 70% of the total result. Hence, candidates must score 40% in both the internals and final exam to be eligible for obtaining a certificate.
What you will learn
Participants will learn about every other topic related to Tourism Transport and Travel Services. The takeaways from this program are as written below:
- The Tourism Transport and Travel Services course teach the candidates the remarkable improvement of transport services whether in the sea, air, on-road or rail, over the centuries.
- The notable significance of transport tourism and its effects on the development of the country as a whole is also learned by the candidates.
- Candidates take away the behavioral tendencies and code of conduct of tourist guides along with the protocols of passenger handling.
- This course makes the candidate aware of the security at an airport, air cargo, airfare and operations at an airport.
- Participants learn about the various international aviation organizations, travel agencies’ history, functions and development of travel agencies.
- Participants become aware of the railways' importance in tourism, different sea routes, inland water transport and automobiles.
- The candidates gain knowledge about the international travel necessities, health tourism, health certificate, tour costing and travel insurance.
- Lastly, they learn about the dangerous cargo, costing & transport pricing, itinerary and various tour operators on a trip.
Filling the form
Interested participants will have to abide by the simple steps of admission mentioned here, in order to register for SWAYAM’s Tourism Transport and Travel Services course:
Step 1: https://onlinecourses.swayam2.ac.in/cec20_ge16/preview
Given above is the URL of this program on the SWAYAM website, where candidates can perform their admission procedure.
Step 2: To register for this course, they must first make an account under their name on the SWAYAM website. The link for registration is: https://swayam.gov.in/about
Step 3: The registration process cannot be taken further, since SWAYAM has closed the registrations at the moment. After the availability of the registration link, candidates can sign up for the Tourism Transport and Travel Services program.
(Meanwhile, candidates can check the website from time to time)
Tourism through the centuries
Importance of tourism transport
Transport in India Railways
Sea Routes water transport
Land transport Railways
Inland water transport
Air transport in India
Civil aviation in India (part 2)
Fundamentals of air travel
Civil aviation in India (part 1)
Other means of transport in India
Major airports of the world
Air fares and international aviation organizations
Transport costing and pricing
History and evolution of travel agency
IATA recognition of travel agent
Functions of travel agency
Tour operator's brochure
Tour operators and their types
Itinerary preparation and tour costing
Roles and responsibilities of tourist guide
Code of conduct and behavior of tourist guide
International travel requirements
Body language and commentary
Communication in guiding
Does not apply since the course is free of cost
How it helps
The certification in Tourism Transport and Travel Services program is verified by the MHRD which is a government initiative and thus it is considered to be very advantageous for the candidates in the future for gaining employment. Since this certification has an audio-visual mode of learning it enhances the learning experience and gives the candidates real-life examples of how the travel industry functions.
The Tourism Transport and Travel Services certification can further help candidates to be a stepping stone for building a career in transport and by increasing tourism in India they can become contributors to the country’s economy. The knowledge about the travel services can help the candidates to become better citizens of the country and also become better & well-informed individuals as this certification help the candidates to be aware of the travel insurance, health certificate, dangerous goods and travel guidelines.
Tourism Transport and Travel Services program certification offer credit transfer as well. Hence, it is very beneficial for the candidates of those colleges or universities that approve of this facility because the marks obtained during this course and its certification can be used to increase an individual's performance at their respective universities or colleges. These scores will further help candidates to broaden their job prospects.
SWAYAM’s coordinators include UGC, NIOS, IIMB, CEC, etc. which give the candidates the best quality content and learning experience.
The advantage of doing this course through SWAYAM is that it is available free of cost along with expert learning, newer techniques, and a credit transfer facility.
SWAYAM’s aim is to reduce the gap between the underprivileged and the more advantageous groups of the society and give a platform for equal learning and bring about a revolution.
This course comes under the category of multidisciplinary and is an elective type course, falls under the under-graduates level.
Yes, this course is sharable on many platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and hence can be shown to family, friends, or any relatives.
The reference books available are Tourism: Principles and Practice, Basics of Tourism, Theory Operation and Practice, Airport Operations, etc.
The course instructor will be Mr. Srikanth. K. S. from the Dept. of Tourism and Hospitality Management PBM Mahajana PG Center.
SWAYAM also has an app Google on Play Store which can be downloaded free of cost and candidates can check out other activities of SWAYAM on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
Click on this link to know all about SWAYAM and the available courses: https://swayam.gov.in/about
Candidates can register for the course by visiting the below-mentioned web site: https://onlinecourses.swayam2.ac.in/cec20_ge16/preview