- Tandon School of Engineering, New York University, New York
- Professional Certificate in Augmented Reality Virtual Reality Development and 3D Graphics
Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics
Learn the concepts of AR/VR by pursuing the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics by NYU TSE.
09 Dec, 2021
Course Commencement Date
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Virtual Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 15-20 Hours Per Week
The Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics certification course aims to impart education in the domain of AR and VR. Candidates who get into the programme are introduced to various modules throughout the course. There are no limitations regarding attendance percentage or timings. Candidates will be able to join the course in the online mode since it is provided by NYU Tandon School of Engineering. The course is in collaboration with Emeritus. Students can complete the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics certification syllabus by spending almost 15-20 hours a week for 7 months. Candidates get the options of financial aid and placement services in the programme. In the end, candidates get a certificate from the institution upon completing the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics online course.
- Offered by NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- 7 months duration
- Online classes
- 15 to 20 hours per week
- Financing options available
- Special group enrolment pricing is available
- Referral discounts
- Flexible payment methods
- Career guidance
- Certification at the end
- Video lectures
- Capstone projects
Course and certificate fees
- Candidates can pay $7,000 as the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics fees
- Candidates can get a $500 discount with referrals
- Candidates can get a 20% discount on group enrolments
- Candidates can make fee payments in two and three instalments
Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics fee details
Group enrolment discount
20 per cent
Two-way instalment schedule
After a month
Three-way instalment schedule
After a month
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics certification is ideal for the following candidates-
Candidates should have a computer science or related degree to pursue the course. They should also have a basic understanding of mathematics, algebra, and scripting language to understand the concepts of the course.
Certification Qualifying Details
Candidates will be able to get a certificate at the end of the programme if they successfully complete the entire curriculum.
What you will learn
By the end of the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics training, students will be able to understand the following concepts-
- Candidates will be able to know the applications of C# programming in order to customize the Unity components
- Candidates will be able to understand the interactions, workflows, and roles within the XR development ecosystem
- Students will learn about the design principles of XR in the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics programme
- Candidates will get to know about the development of the game engine
- Participants will learn about the virtual world and how it is managed
- Candidates will learn about the concepts of procedural animation
- Participants will gain an understanding of raycasting and quaternions in the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics certification
- Candidates will learn about image and object tracking in AR development
The admission procedure of the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics certification syllabus is given below-
Step 1- Participants must click on the given link- https://em.online.engineering.nyu.edu/professional-certificate-ar-vr.
Step 2- Participants must click on the Apply Now option given at the bottom of the page.
Step 3- Participants must create or log in to the account.
Step 4- Participants must fill the online application form.
Step 5- Participants need to make payment for the course on the next page.
Filling the form
- First name
- Last name
- Street address
- Postal code
- Are you a citizen of this country?
- Phone number
- Years of work experience
- Recent compensation in USD
- Job title
- Job function
Week 1: Introduction to extended reality
Week 2: XR design principles
Week 3: Developing with a game engine
Week 4: Unity basics and vector mathematics
Week 5: Scripting in unity
Week 6: Scripting for interaction
Week 7: UI and animation
Week 8: Raycasting and quaternions
Week 9: AR development—image tracking
Week 10: AR development—object tracking
Week 11: AR development—surface tracking
Week 12: Introduction to VR prototyping in unity
Week 13: Complex interactions
Week 14: From zero to shaders
Week 15: From shaders to shader graphs
Week 16: Lighting virtual worlds
Week 17: Managing virtual worlds
Week 18: High-definition visualization with the HDRP
Week 19: Creating a realistic visualization
Week 20: Creating realistic interactions
Week 21: Procedural animation
Week 22: Project planning, scoping, and designing for documentation
Week 23: Styleframe and R&D
Week 24: Designing UX and getting user feedback
Week 25: Strategic project development
Week 26: Feedback
Week 27: Distribution
Week 28: Project presentation
US Candidates can get Ascent Funding with a monthly payment of just $51. Indian students can get financial aid from Eduvanz. Other candidates can opt for flexible payment options with a monthly payment of $2,940.
How it helps
The Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics certification benefits can be put to use by students as well as professionals. Candidates who are freshers can become skilled enough throughout the duration of the programme that they will be able to get a job or internship opportunity. Candidates who are already working as developers or artists can take up the course to enhance their knowledge and overall skills. They can then apply for a better job opportunity or promotion in the same organization.
No, the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics by NYU TSE does not facilitate any scholarship schemes as of now.
Yes, students can pay the course fee in two-way and three-way instalments.
Candidates who enrol for the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics training in a group or with their colleagues become eligible for the special pricing.
No, the course does not demand any work experience.
Candidates can visit the official website and click on the link given beside the finance options.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.