Admission Process 2021
To get admission to B.E and B.Tech engineering courses offered by the Velammal Engineering College (VEC), Chennai students need to appear for the state level counselling - Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA), conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu. There is no entrance test for TNEA counselling and the merit list will be prepared based on the candidates score at 12 class, choice filling, choice locking and document verification. Admission to M.E, M.Tech and MBA is based on the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET). To get an admission to Ph.D, candidates have to follow the guidelines of the Anna University.
For BE/ B.Tech:
- Students need to register for Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA), conducted by the Department of Technical Education of Tamil Nadu.
TNEA authority will conduct the counselling based on the ranking in the entrance examination.
For appearing in counselling round students need to register in TNEA portal.
During the counselling, they have to give first preference to Velammal Engineering College (VEC), Chennai.
The merit list will be prepared accordingly the weightage to percentile obtained by the candidate in TNEA and board exam.
- Students need to appear for the entrance examination - (TANCET), conducted by Anna University.
- Students can visit the official website of Anna University to register themselves for TANCET.
- Candidates with valid GATE score are eligible for direct admission.
- Counselling is conducted based upon the ranking in the entrance examination and the final list will be prepared.
- Students need to appear for the entrance examination - TANCET, conducted by Anna University.
Students can visit the official website of Anna University to register themselves for TANCET.
Counselling is conducted based on the ranking of the candidates in the entrance examination.
The merit list will be prepared based on the score obtained in the counselling round.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Government Quota : 65%, Management Quota:35%
Ranking based on +2 marks through Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, Anna University Chennai, Chennai