- Introduction, Core Concepts, Significance, Needs, Wants, Marketing Management– Meaning and Functions, Marketing Organization and Types, Demand -Market- Meaning and Classification
Medium of instructions English
number of course credit 20
Certificate Programme in Digital marketing online course involves the use of internet facilities and various digital platforms such as social media, search engines, mobile applications, emails, to advertise or promote products and services. Nowadays, digital marketing has been one of the main reasons for a business to boom. This course will help the candidates learn in-depth about digital marketing, its usefulness, the importance of search engine optimisation and will make them familiar with different digital marketing strategies, making optimum utilisation of the digital resources.
Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing online course is an initiative taken by Dr D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Pune. The course is a postgraduate course which will be an interactive online session. After the successful completion of the Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing training, 20 credits will be provided to every candidate. The course length of the Certificate Programme in Digital marketing certificate programme is 300 hours which will be completed in six months.
Online interactive session.
Six months course.
300 hours in total.
A certificate will be provided by Dr D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Pune.
Twenty credits will be provided.
Introduction to marketing.
Learn how to make a digital marketing budget.
Focus on Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimizations Technologies, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Know about emerging trends in Information Technology.
- Interactive online session
Course and certificate fees
Sharing the Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing fee:
Indian Defence Personnel
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
Start-up entrepreneurs who wish to expand their business via digital media should opt for this course. It will help the entrepreneur gain knowledge about digital marketing and apply them to boom his business.
Content writers or freelancers are welcomed to join this course as they will be made aware of the keywords they must include in their writings for digital marketing purposes.
Content writers who handle social media for digital marketing purposes can take advantage of this course as well.
Web developers or web designers may also benefit from the CP-DM course.
Any business entrepreneurs or organisations who wish to know more about digital marketing and promote their business via internet domains should join the course.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree in any subject or its equivalent degree from any recognised university and should have obtained a minimum of 45 per cent at graduation level.
Students must have a strong command in English as the CP-DM course will be delivered in English. Mode of instruction will also be in English.
Certification Qualifying Details
The overall evaluation of the Certificate Programme in Digital marketing training will be based on two assignments.
Formative assessment carries a weightage of 40 per cent.
Summative assessment carries a weightage of 60 per cent.
To qualify the examination and receive a completion certificate, students will have to achieve the following criteria.
Students will have to obtain a minimum of 40 per cent marks in Formative assessment.
Students are required to obtain 40 per cent marks in Summative assessment.
Students need to make sure that 40 per cent marks are obtained both in Formative as well as Summative assessment separately.
Grade F will be allotted to the students who fail to pass the examination.
What you will learn
The online Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing course will be useful for all those who are going to start up their own companies or would want to expand their existing business through promotion and advertising.
Search Engine Optimisation- SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimisation. It makes sure that a particular website received unpaid exposure to traffic through organic search engines. It uses the keywords to show up whenever the topic or the name of the product, service is being searched on the internet. After the completion of the CP-DM course, enrollees will be able to use this feature and would be familiar with finding suitable keywords.
Learners will be taught how to make effective strategies and to plan for digital marketing on a budget.
Candidates will be taught the process of identifying the objectives according to the needs of the company in the Certificate Programme In Digital Marketing. It will be followed by planning digital marketing strategies to achieve those objectives.
They will be taught digital media strategies which will keep on boosting customer acquisition, conversion and retention.
They will be provided with the knowledge of emerging information technology in the markets, which may help them promote their products and services more effectively.
Students will learn Social Media Marketing (SMM). In today's generation, every person uses social media to communicate with each other. The online Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing course will teach the learners to make use of these social media to promote their business. Through social media marketing, it is possible to teach to every customer and introduce them to the targeted products or services.
Students will be made aware of the legal relations among different industries.
To apply for Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click on the link : https://idladmissions.dpu.edu.in/login2019.aspx
Step 2: Fill up the application form with your details and copy of Adhaar Card
Step 3: After submitting the details, choose your preferred payment method and make online payment.
Step 4: Submit the application form and you will receive a confirmation once the form is checked and approved by the authority.
Filling the form
Candidates can apply for Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing on the website of DPU. They need to register themselves and fill up a form submitting their personal details along with ID and address proof. They need to upload relevant educational documents also on the website. Once done, choose a payment mode that could be debit/credit card, netbanking, NEFT, or DD and make the payment. The application will be reviewed by the team before the candidate is shortlisted for the course.
Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Overview, Importance, and Good Practice in Digital Marketing, History of Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Process
- Digital Marketing Over-Traditional Marketing, Increasing Visibility, Bringing Targeted Traffic, and Visitors Engagement
Targeted Traffic Management
- Bringing Targeted Traffic-Inbound, Outbound Converting Traffic into Leads
Effective Digital marketing
- Digital Marketing Be Used to Develop Brands and Drive Sales
- Key Mobile Marketing Concepts, SMS Content, Trends in Mobile, Mobile Advertising, Opportunities & Risks, Mobile Devices, and SMS Strategy
- Key Analytics Concepts, Goal Setup, Analytics Code, Account Setup, Goal Configuration and Funnels, and Analytics Profiles
Strategy & Planning
- Key Strategy & Planning Concepts, Information Gathering, First Steps, Planning, Target Audience, and Situation Analysis
Search Engine Optimisation
- Introduction to Search Engine, Traffic, Search Engine Working, SEO Copywriting, On-page & Off-page SEO, and Search Engine Rank
Tactics and Methods
- White Hat Search Engine Optimizer, Website Domain, Design & Layout, Black Hat Search Engine Optimizer or Spamdexing, Relevant Filenames
- Keyword Frequency, Keyword Proximity, Keyword Weight, Keyword Prominence, Keyword Selection, Keyword Placement, and Word Stemming
Optimized Meta Tags
- Meta Tags, Meta Keywords Tag, Meta Description Tag, Robots Meta Tag
- Anchor Optimisation, Link Building, Content Writing Verifying Website, Hiring SEO Expert, Mobile SEO, Miscellaneous Techniques
- Leads/ROI, Inbound Links, Keywords, Indexed Pages, Rankings
- How to Identify Long-Tail Keywords, Keyword Research Tools, Check Your Web Analytics, and Search for Keywords
- Make a List of Keywords, Set Up a Blog, Build a Keyword-Focused Webpage, Create a Link-Building Plan, Stay Current on SEO News & Practices
Integrated Marketing Communication
Marketing and Communication Overview
- What is Integrated Marketing Communications, Creating the Pull and Push, The Key Drivers of IMC, The Principles of IMC, The Features of IMC, The Five-Step IMC planning process, How IMC Plays a Role in the Overall Marketing Plan, Desired Outcomes of IMC
The Communications Model
- What is Communication, Communication Models, The IMC Plan, IMC Planning Models?
Integrated Marketing Communication Tools– Advertising
- Introduction, Strategic Advertising Approaches, Types of Advertising, Creative Strategies, Effective Advertising, Media, Which Medium Should be Used?, Media Vocabulary, Media Selection and Buying, New Media
Public relations & Corporate communications
- What is Public Relations?, Reactive Marketing Oriented Public Relations, Proactive Marketing Oriented Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Scope of PR, The Role of the PR Practitioner
Web Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Introduction, Websites, Generating Website Traffic, Mobile Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media, and Web Vocabulary
Sponsorships, Events, Exhibitions/ Tradeshows/Expositions
- Introduction, Sponsorships, Events, Exhibitions /Tradeshows /Expositions
- Packaging, Merchandising, and Product Design
Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to Social Media, Importance of Social Media, SMO- Key Concepts, Creation of Business Profile, Brand Awareness, SMO Strategy for Business, Social Engagement, Viral Marketing, Facebook Marketing: Introduction to Facebook Marketing, Facebook Profiles, Facebook Groups, Facebook Places, Facebook Community, Adverts, Campaign
- Video Marketing, YouTube, Daily motion, Ranking Factors of a Video, Increase Subscribers and Views, Video, Promote Your Video Ads
Monitoring Social Media Accounts
- SMO at Various Levels, Traffic, Analytics, Tools to Measure Your Popularity, and Statistics
Mobile Marketing Strategies
- Introduction to Mobile Marketing, Research for Information, Define the Value of Your Offerings, Identify the Target Audience, Outline Your Goals & Objectives
Mobile Apps – Marketing Strategies
- Mobile App, Working of Mobile App, Benefits of Mobile App, Mobile Advertising– Ecosystem: Mobile Advertising Ecosystem, Working & Benefits of Mobile Advertisement
- Image Marketing, Creative Images, Choose Relevant Images, Buy Images
- Blogging, Advantages of Blogging, Setting a Blog Using WordPress, Blog Promotion and Blog Commenting
Social Media Analysis
- Reporting Tool for Social Media Analysis
Emerging Trends in Information Technology
- Overview of E-Commerce, Models of E-Commerce, Advantages and Disadvantages of E-commerce, Creation of E-Commerce Sites, Scope of E-Commerce, BPR & E-Commerce, Ethics & E-Commerce
- Overview of Mobile Commerce, Drivers of m-Commerce, m-Commerce Security Issues, Attributes of m-Commerce, Separating Mobile Commerce from Electronic Commerce, Applications of m-Commerce
- What is E-Banking? Advantages of E-Banking, Securities in E-Banking, Transactions: Inter Banking, Electronic Payment System, Intra Banking, Services Provided in E-Banking, Electronic Clearing System
- What is E-Logistics, Logistics & Supplier Chain Management, Warehousing Management, Challenges faced by SCM, and Transportation/Distribution Management
- Definition, Features of e-Learning (Advantages), e-Learning Models, e-Learning Tools and Technologies, Different Types of e-Learning, Standards for e-Learning
E-Governance and E-Agriculture
- e-Governance and Its models, Challenges to e-Governance, Strategies and Tactics for Implementation of e-Governance
- Introduction, Definition, Types of Social Networking Sites, Drawbacks of Social Networking Sites, Social Networking Sites for Business, Niche Advantages of Social Networking Sites, and Security Issues with Social Networking Sites
There is no scholarship for the Certificate Programme In Digital Marketing course.
How it helps
The Certificate Programme In Digital Marketing course will benefit the students in the following ways.
Strategies- after learning about forming proper digital marketing strategies, participants will be able to achieve their business goals as promotions for their products and services will give profitable outputs.
Social Media Marketing will benefit their business as their products and services will reach out to every individual via social media and will catch their interest or attention.
Since the course will introduce the students to new information technologies, participants will be made ready to be able to adapt to technological changes and make the best use of them.
After the completion of the CP-DM course, participants will be transformed into a keen observer as they will need to be aware of the needs of the customers and then set the objectives of their organisation accordingly.
Online interactive lessons will allow the participants to have the luxury of studying from their houses and not need to waste time in travelling.
Participants will be given training in learning from successful practical factors and using them in future digital marketing strategies to improve the outcomes.
The CP-DM course will be held online.
The formative assessment follows a continuous assessment approach. It carries 40 percent of weightage. It is further divided into three components: self-assessment questions, Assignment 1 and Assignment 2.
Grace marks will be granted up to 1 per cent of total marks. In a course maximum, five grace marks can be allotted.
A total of 20 credits will be given to the students after successful completion of the course.
If students fail to secure passing criteria, then they will have to appear for the course exam in the given period of the time. It is to be noted that no revaluation of assignments will take place.
The course is a postgraduate course. Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent diplomas to be eligible for the CP-DM course.