Admission Process 2021
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology (KJSIEIT) offers UG program in computer engineering, electronics and telecommunication, electronics engineering, and information technology. It also offers PG in artificial intelligence. The detailed admission process of the courses offered by the college is given below:
The admission process for B.E:
- Candidates have to appear for MHT-CET or JEE Main.
- The admission for first-year engineering degree courses is done through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) for the following categories: 1) Maharashtra State Seat 2) All India Seats 3) Respective Minority Seats.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for CAP rounds based on their score in the entrance exam.
- During the counseling session, they have to give first preference to KJSIEIT.
- Finally, the shortlisted candidates have to visit KJSIEIT and complete the admission process which includes, document verification and fee payment.
The admission process for B.E (Lateral Entry):
Candidates who have a diploma in engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Examination or an examination recognized equivalent by the State Board of Technical Education after undergoing regular course of 3 years in an institute approved by AICTE, are eligible for admission to the 3rd semester (regular full-time batch) engineering degree course (B.E.).
The admission process for PG Courses:
- They need to have a valid score in GATE or MHT-CET score.
- The admission for postgraduate engineering degree courses is done through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
- To become eligible for CAP the candidates need to register their application online. They can visit the website of Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra, and fill in the form.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per the counseling rounds.
- The candidates who have got allotment must report & confirm his/her admission by fulfilling necessary procedures.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
- Admissions are strictly on the merit basis and as per the rules prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education and Admission Regulating Authority, Government of Maharashtra.
- For all the seats, the candidate can apply through CAP by the Competent Authority ( State CET Cell, Govt. of Maharashtra ) as per schedule