Admission Process 2021
Poornima College of Engineering offers B.Tech and M.Tech programmes. Admission to these programmes will be done on the basis of entrance examinations. For admission in B.Tech programme candidates have to appear in JEE Main and have to register for REAP counselling where they will be offered admission on the basis of their marks in JEE Main. For B.Tech (lateral entry), admission will be offered through LEEP counselling on the basis of marks obtained in qualifying diploma/degree. Admission to M.Tech courses will be offered through CAM counselling on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). All the details related to the admission process for various courses offered by Poornima College of Engineering is discussed below:
- Admission will be through two channels - merit of the qualifying exam (12th) and JEE Main Entrance Exam.
- Candidates then have to register and appear for the state level REAP counselling.
- Candidates will be offered admission through REAP counselling based on JEE Main score and XII Standard percentage.
- 70% seats are allotted to Rajasthan candidates, 15% seats are allotted to outside Rajasthan candidates and the remaining 15% seats are allotted by College Management as per Government guidelines.
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry):
- Admission will be offered to this programme on the basis of the merit of the qualifying exam only.
- Further, candidates have to register and appear for LEEP (Lateral Entry in Engineering Program) counselling which is the last stage for admission.
- Candidates have to appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
- Candidates then have to appear for CAM Counselling.
- Admission will be offered through CAM Counselling based on valid GATE score. However, candidates without GATE score but possessing B.E./B.Tech. degree or the equivalent can also apply.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
The Centre of Electronic Governance will Ee conducting REAP 2020 for the admission of the candidate to the B.Tech program.
- Admission through REAP 2020 will be through two streams-JEE Main 2020 and Class 12 qualifying marks.
- Counseling of REAP 2020 will be conducted in three rounds and a special round.
- The registration will commence in the starting of the first round of counseling and candidates will be able to attend all three rounds.
- The candidates who wish to taKe admission through REAP must fill the application form
- The last date of payment of application fees and submission of the application form will be in the last week of June.
- The admission authority will release the release of the first merit list of REAP 2020 tentatively in be first week of June.
- The I round of counseling will be for the candidates not belonging to Rajasthan, Ex-servicemen and PwD candidates.
- The II round of counseling will commence from the second week of July for the candidates belonging to the state of Rajasthan.
- The III round of the counseling will be the upward movement will commence from the third week of July and if the seats remain as vacant, then the special round of counseling will Ee conducted.