Admission Process 2021
Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management offers a Bachelor in Engineering (BE), M.Tech, MBA and PhD programme. Admission to various courses offered by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management will be done on the basis of the entrance examinations. For BE, admission will be offered on the basis of KCET/COMEDK. For admission to M.Tech courses, candidates have to appear and qualify in GATE/Karnataka PGCET. In order to take admission in MBA programme, candidates have to appear in Karnataka PGCET counselling. Admission to MBA programme will be offered on the basis candidates score in CAT/XAT/ATMA/KMAT/MAT. For the PhD programme, candidates have to fill out the application form and have to appear for the interview process.
- Candidates need to appear for KCET/COMEDK exam.
- As per the KCET ranking, students can select the college at the time of KCET counselling.
- COMEDK candidates have an option to select the college of their choice during counselling of COMEDK. COMEDK entrance test & publication of test score and rank list will be followed by centralised counselling. Students will be offered admission through the centralised counselling.
- 45% of the seats are filled by the Government of Karnataka through KCET, 30% of the seats are filled through entrance test conducted by the COMEDK and 25% of the seats are filled by Management.
- Candidates need to appear for GATE/K PGCET exam.
- Candidates then need to register and appear for counselling.
- Candidates will be offered admission based on their rank in GATE/K PGCET through the counselling process. GATE qualified candidates will be preferred.
- Candidates applying under the government quota need to appear for KPGCET entrance exam held for MBA and candidates applying under management quota need to appear for other qualifying examinations (CAT/XAT/ATMA/KMAT/MAT).
- K PGCET candidates will be offered admission through K PGCET counselling based on their rank in KPGCET entrance exam.
- Management quota candidates can apply for admission directly at the college.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for a Personal Interview in front of Admissions Committee at VTU, Belagavi.
- The Admissions Committee will prepare a merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the Personal Interview.
- The Admissions Committee shall submit the consolidated merit list to VTU for facilitating the provisional registration of candidates as per their rank in the list.
- Candidate will be offered admission based on their rank in the merit list.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
In the admission procedure, allotment of seats and fees structure for all the seats, our College strictly adheres the order of the Government of Karnataka amended from time to time and prevalent at the date of admission. As per the order of the Government of Karnataka, the allotment and distribution of the seats are as follows:
- 45% of the seats are filled by the Government of Karnataka through Common Entrance Test (CET).
- 30% of the seats are filled through entrance test conducted by the Comed-K.
- 25% of the seats are filled by Management.