- Ace Ticket
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video Based
Learning efforts 6-8 Hours Per Week
Economics for Managers certification is an 8-week long online course that is an introduction by the Harvard Business School Online. The entire course is spread over 60 hours where programme materials are delivered on a weekly basis requiring a time commitment of 6-8 hours from the candidates. This is a self-paced introductory course that helps the participants in developing the skills required to build a competitive strategy leading to a flourished business over time.
Economics for Managers training will prepare the students for an MBA classroom so that they are eligible for understanding how businesses usually think about mass production and pricing. Also, this course will help them to equip, and apply ideas that help generate more consumer demands. This certification helps the candidates become familiar with concepts like Business Intelligence, Business Development, and Professional Career Development so that they can help in their career development as senior-level managers.
- Programme on managerial economics
- 8 weeks course
- Classes held online
- 6-8 hours weekly sessions
- Introductory course
- Completion certificate by Harvard Business School
- 8 weeks course. online format
- Completion certificate
- Faculty videos
- Career development
Course and certificate fees
The Economics for Managers certification fee is $1,600. With Harvard Business School candidates are allowed to make payments via credit cards, eCheck, Western Union Money Transfer, or even bank loans. There are certain cases where candidates do receive scholarships, where amounts are adjusted with the fees as and when eligibility is confirmed. Again, sometimes candidates can split their payment up into 2 separate credit card transactions if during the first one $350 is paid. But it must be remembered by all the candidates that they must transfer money only in US Dollars.
Economics for Managers Fee Structure
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The course suits the following candidates:
- Candidates who are aspiring to become MBA professionals.
- For Mid-Career Professionals who want to adopt an understanding of how firms work so that they can create business strategies.
- For candidates who want to build a future career towards marketing or consulting so that they can see the world through the perspective of Economics, and become successful Managers.
Being proficient in English is very much necessary for this programme.
No matter what educational background candidates have, he or she must live up to the criteria of being 18 years old or more to apply.
Certification Qualifying Details
Receiving the Economics for Managers certification by Harvard Business School requires that the participants dig into all the 5 modules, complete studying them, and also attain completion for quizzes that are satisfactory within the said time frame.
What you will learn
The Economics for Managers certification syllabus will teach the following to its participants:
- Candidates will be making pricing strategies that can become effective.
- Learners will understand what power network effects have on demand.
- Candidates can benchmark the costs and compare them to their competitors with the help of relative cost analysis.
- Learners will be identifying the sources of competitive advantage with respect to differentiation.
- Candidates will be understanding the value of what customers value most can be identified by applying conjoint analysis.
Step 1: Visit the Economics for Managers course official site: https://online-learning.harvard.edu/course/economics-managers?delta=0.
Step 2: Then scroll, and click on ‘Take Course’.
Step 3: The applicants will be taken to another page, where find the ‘Apply Now’ button, and click it.
Step 4: The next step lies for the applicants to create Harvard Business School new student accounts for logging in.
Step 5: Once they can log in, after the fee is deposited, once everything gets checked by the Harvard team, within a week admission shall be confirmed.
Filling the form
When signing up or signing into Harvard Business School, candidates may need to enter some details that include name, mailing address, age criteria to start their process of learning.
Module 1: Customer Demand - Foundations
- Understand the relationship between willingness to pay and price
- Determine a revenue-maximizing pricing strategy using the concept of elasticity
- Construct supply and demand curves for individuals and markets and analyze the impact of market changes
Module 2: Strategies for Assessing and Increasing Demand
The New York Times
- Evaluate techniques to learn about or increase demand and measure the tradeoffs and suitable applications of each approach
- Appreciate how complements and network effects impact demand
- Explore the dynamics of different forms of auctions
- See how conjoint analysis can be used to understand customer preferences
Module 3: Suppliers and Cost
Penguin Random House
- Understand fixed versus variable costs
- Understand economies of scale
- Predict market structure by examining various costs and cost structures
- Evaluate options by performing a relative cost analysis
Module 4: Markets
Apply market principles to analyze industries in which no traditional market functions
- Identify value creation and decompose its distribution to illustrate how trade occurs
- Examine the competitive landscape by differentiating long- and short-run market outcomes and forces
Module 5: Competition and Differentiation
- Assess monopolies and price discrimination
- Understand different strategies for differentiation
- Explore competitive differentiation through the example of rival pizzerias setting price and location
Harvard Business School has an option for "Institutional Need-Based Scholarship" that usually assists in understanding the eligibility for these kinds of scholarships. Even active service members belonging to the US military can be a part of these HBS Online scholarships.
Though no final examination is lined up, still a series of quizzes must be answered with 50% marks to be able to qualify for the certification of completion.
How it helps
Economics for Managers certification benefits are:
- Candidates are allowed to participate and complete all the modules or quizzes based on their own time while they meet their regular deadlines.
- Learners are capable of using the basic economic principles to the challenges present in real-world business scenarios.
- Learning becomes easy as it is tutored by faculty members who are world-class.
- Participants get a chance of interacting and making networks with their global peers, and Teachers.
The total number of hours is 60.
When modules, quizzes with 50% marks, and participation in social learning elements are completed, the course seems over.
Along with a demonstration of financial needs, the students must be ready to submit documents supporting the need to receive scholarships.
Every applicant will relieve every module’s PDF compilation at the end of this course.
There is no grading system for students completing the course.
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis via Coursera
Institute for the Future, Palo Alto via Coursera
Smithsonian Institution via Edx
Stanford University, Stanford via Coursera
The World Bank Group via Edx
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
Kyoto University via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
Stanford University, Stanford via Edx