Careers360 Logo

Popular Searches

    Interested in this College?
    Get updates on Eligibility, Admission, Placements Fees Structure

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process

    IEM Kolkata offers admissions to the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. IEM Kolkata admissions are offered to B.Tech, B.B.A, B.C.A., M.Tech, M.Sc., M.C.A. and M.B.A programmes. For admission to the B.Tech programme, candidates have to appear for WBJEE or JEE Main. As per the Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata admission process, 90% of the seats are filled through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination and the rest 10% from JEE Main. B.B.A, B.C.A. and M.Sc. Computer Science programmes have a common admission process. For IEM Kolkata admission to these programmes, candidates have to appear for MAKAUT CET. Direct admission is also offered through the institute admission test and interview. After that, candidates also have to appear for MAKAUT CET counselling for seat allotment. 

    For Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata admission to the M.Tech programme, candidates have to appear for WB PGET. Merit list is released to shortlist candidates for counselling. According to the Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata admission procedure for the M.C.A. programme, candidates have to appear for WB JECA. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of cutoff have to appear for WB JECA counselling. Merit based selection on the basis of the scores of the entrance test is conducted for seat allotment. Candidates have to appear for CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/WBJEMAT for the M.B.A programme admission. Shortlisted candidates have to appear for group discussion and personal interview followed by WBJEMAT counselling. After that, 40% of the seats are filled through CAT/MAT and the rest 60% of the seats through WBJEMAT. 

    Also Read: 

    IEM Kolkata Admission - Application Process

    • Register on the institute website

    • Log in and fill in the details

    • Upload the documents

    • Submit the application fees

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process - B.Tech

    B.Tech is a four-year full-time undergraduate programme offered by IEM Kolkata. The programme is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology. There are a total of 30-180 seats available in the programme admission at the institute.

    IEM Kolkata B.Tech Admission with Eligibility Criteria and Seat Matrix

    Course Name

    Seat Matrix

    Eligibility Criteria

    B.Tech

    30-180

    Minimum 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process - B.Tech

    • First, candidates have to meet Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata eligibility criteria.

    • Second, they have to appear for WBJEE, conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board or JEE Main, conducted by National Testing Agency.

    • Third, after the declaration of the result, ranks and cutoff are released.

    • Fourth, candidates meeting the cutoff have to appear for WBJEE counselling 

    • While registering for counselling, candidates have to give preference to IEM Kolkata.

    • Fifth, the institute will fill 90% of the seats through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination counselling and the rest 10% from All India JEE Mains in the order of merit.

    • Finally, for IEM Kolkata admission, candidates have to submit the documents and pay the fees.

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process - B.B.A/B.C.A./M.Sc. Computer Science

    B.B.A/B.C.A. is a three-year full-time undergraduate programme. The institute offers a two-year full-time M.Sc. Computer Science programme. Admissions to the programmes are based upon the entrance tests, conducted by MAKAUT.

    IEM Kolkata B.B.A/B.C.A./M.Sc. Computer Science Admission with  Eligibility Criteria and Seat Matrix

    Course Name

    Seat Matrix

    Eligibility Criteria

    B.B.A

    120

    Passed 10+2 with minimum 60% marks in 10+2 with English

    B.C.A.

    120

    Passed 10+2 with minimum 60% marks with English and Mathematics /Computer Science/Computer Application / Information Practices/Statistics/Basic Science II / Business Economics With Business Mathematics / Business Mathematics

    M.Sc. Computer Science

    20

    Minimum 55% aggregate marks in B.Sc. /B.C.A./ graduation under (10+2+3) system with Computer Science / Applied Physical Sciences / Mathematics / other allied subject under Statistical or Mathematical or Computing Sciences as one of the main subjects

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process - B.B.A/B.C.A./M.Sc. Computer Science

    • Candidates first have to meet the eligibility criteria.

    • After that, candidates have to appear for the CET conducted by MAKAUT.

    • After the declaration of the result, ranks and merit list are released.

    • Candidates can also appear for the institute admission test followed by an interview instead of appearing for MAKAUT CET.

    • Qualified candidates have to register for MAKAUT CET counselling and give preference to Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata.

    • The seats will be allotted after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees.

    IEM Kolkata Admission - M.Tech

    The institute offers a two-year full-time M.Tech programme in the areas of computer science and business system, computer science and engineering, electronics and communication engineering and information technology. The institute scores of WB PGET for the M.Tech programme admission.

    IEM Kolkata M.Tech Admission with Eligibility Criteria and Seat Matrix

    Course Name

    Seat Matrix

    Eligibility Criteria

    M.Tech 

    18

    Minimum 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA out of 10 in bachelor’s degree or M.Sc. in the relevant stream

    M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering

    NA

    Passed bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in the relevant stream with Mathematics and Statistics/Physics/Electronics/Computer Science

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process - M.Tech

    • Candidates should first meet the eligibility criteria.

    • Next, candidates have to appear for WB PGET, conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology.

    • After the declaration of the result, the merit list is released.

    • Qualified candidates have to appear for group discussion/personal interview followed by WB PGET counselling

    • While registering for counselling candidates have to select Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata.

    • Candidates also have to appear for a personal interview.

    • Finally, candidates have to submit the documents and pay the fees.

    IEM Kolkata Admission - M.C.A.

    The institute offers a two-year full-time M.C.A. programme. The programme is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology.

     IEM Kolkata B.Tech Admission with Eligibility Criteria

    Course Name

    Eligibility Criteria

    M.C.A.

    Passed B.C.A./bachelor degree in Computer Science Engineering

      Or

    Passed B.Sc./B.Com/B.A. with Mathematics at l0+2 level or at graduation level with minimum 50% marks

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process - M.C.A.

    • First, meet the eligibility criteria.

    • After that, candidates have to appear for WB JECA, conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)

    • After the declaration of the result, ranks and merit list are released.

    • Qualified candidates have to appear for WB JECA counselling and give preference to IEM Kolkata.

    • Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit scores of the entrance test and preference filled by the candidates.

    • After the seat allotment, candidates have to submit the documents and pay the fees.

    IEM Kolkata Admission - M.B.A

    IEM Kolkata offers a two-year full-time M.B.A programme. The institute accepts scores of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/WBJEMAT for the programme admission. There are a total of 300 seats available in the programme admission.

     IEM Kolkata B.Tech Admission with Eligibility Criteria and Seat Matrix

    Course Name

    Seat Matrix

    Eligibility Criteria

    M.B.A

    300

    Passed graduation in any stream

    IEM Kolkata Admission Process - M.B.A

    • Candidates first have to meet the eligibility criteria.

    • After that, candidates have to appear for CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/WBJEMAT.

    • After the declaration of the result, shortlisted candidates have to appear for group discussion and personal interview.

    • Next, they have to register for WBJEMAT counselling and give preference to Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata.

    • The institute fills 40% of the seats through CAT/MAT and the rest 60% of the seats through WBJEMAT on the basis of merit.

    • Selected candidates finally have to submit the documents and pay the fees.

    Documents required for IEM Kolkata Admission

    • Marksheets and certificates of all previous examinations

    • Transfer and migration certificates

    • Character certificate

    • DOB certificate

    • Aadhar card

    • Domicile certificate

    • Income certificate

    • Caste certificate

    • Print out of online form, Money Receipt, SSDP form duly signed by the student and the guardian

    • Final Allotment Letter of Mop – Up round (Received from WBJEE Board)

    Browse Admission Information Course-wise

    Select College

    Select...

    Select Course

    B.Tech Information Technology

    No data provided by the college for admission procedure for the latest year

    IEM Kolkata Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

    1: What is the total admission fees of the M.Tech programme at IEM Kolkata?

    The total admission fees for the M.Tech programme admission at IEM Kolkata is Rs. 3,00,000.

    2: What is the eligibility criteria for the B.Tech programme admission at Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata?

    The required eligibility criteria for the B.Tech programme admission is minimum 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2.

    3: How many seats are available in the M.B.A programme admission at Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata?

    There are a total of 300 seats available in the M.B.A programme admission at the Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata.

    4: What is the IEM Kolkata selection procedure for the M.C.A. programme admission?

    The institute selects candidates on the basis of merit scores of the entrance test, WB JECA and participation of the candidates in the WB JECA counselling.

    5: In which mode can I submit the Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata admission fees?

    Candidates can submit the admission fees in both online and offline mode.

    6: In which mode can I fill the Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata application form?

    Candidates have to fill the online application form of Institute of Engineering and Management Kolkata.

    Student Reviews for IEM Kolkata

    College Infrastructure: 3.2/5
    Academics: 3.8/5
    Placements: 4.1/5
    Value for Money: 2.1/5
    Campus Life: 3.3/5

    Recently got A++ affiliation.

    Academics

    Presently I am studying CSE department, the curriculum is updated . Since 2018 the college has autonomous, yet the first and second year are under MAKAUT. Teachers here are very qualified and helps a lot during academic sessions and job placements . The college also provide us with the necessary books that we need for every semesters. Yes the things we learn here in IEM makes us job-ready.

    One of the best private colleges in West Bengal.

    Academics

    IEM especially provides language laboratory for students to help them improve their vocabulary skills. I am persuading B.tech in CSE from IEM. The teachers are quite qualified and very helpful. The first and second year are under MAKAUT hence the syllabus is updated in my department. Yes the quality of education that we get here and the regular lab classes make us job-ready.

    Undoubtedly best private college in West Bengal.

    Academics

    I am studying in CSE (2020-2024) and the quality of teaching is quite good. Our college provides internship opportunities so that we can experience in real life. The teachers take a lot of extra classes for doubt clearing.The teachers as well as the seniors are very friendly and helpful.

    Have a question related to IEM Kolkata ?

    What is the cutoff marks for WBJEE?

    The opening and closing ranks within which admissions are offered through WBJEE 2023 construe the cutoff marks. It varies for different courses, categories and colleges.

    Is Iem Calcutta is better than other institutions in calcutta in placement..I did not appear in Wbjee this year..can I get admission in Iem Btech..kindly suggest

    Hello Aspirant,

    IEM Kolkata is a good college to pursue BTech. However, it is not the best. Colleges like Jadavpur University and KGEC are far better than IEM. Also, IEM is a private institute, and Jadhavpur and KGEC are government colleges. But, IEM is one of the best colleges in KOLKATA. If you are getting CS Branch you can definitely go for it.

    Since, you have not taken the WBJEE exam, you have to get admitted to that college through the management quota. You can contact the college directly or go through counsellors. However, this method is not advisable . Many counsellors just go on bluffing people. So take your decision wisely.

    To know more about IEM, visit: https://www.careers360.com/colleges/institute-of-engineering-and-management-kolkata


    my wbjee Gmr rank- 14046 sc rank-1036 can i get b tech in cse/IT/EcE

    Hello Aspirant,

    Congratulations, you have secured a good rank in WBJEE. Keep in mind that at the time of counselling your category rank will not be considered, only your gmr will be considered.


    At the time of Counselling you can apply for these Government Colleges based on your rank :

    • Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore
    • Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Berhampore
    • Ramkrishna Mahato Government Engineering College, Purulia
    • Kazi Nazrul University, Asansol
    • University Of Kalyani, Science Instrumention Centre (IT)
    • Cooch Behar Government Engineering College, Cooch Behar

    Also, you can try for private colleges based on your rank.


    Some private colleges are mentioned below where you can get admission in CSE or IT branch:


    Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata

    Techno India, Salt Lake

    Institute Of Engineering and Management, Kolkata

    Guru Nanak Institute of Technology, Kolkata

    Haldia Institute of Technology (HIT) Haldia

    Go through this link to predict other colleges based on your WBJEE rank :


    https://www.careers360.com/wbjee-college-predictor?utm_source=qna&utm_medium=ini-cet_cp


    Visit this link to get information about previous year cutoff :


    https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/wbjee-cutoff


    Hope this information will help you.


    Best Wishes!

    Download Careers360 App's

    Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile

    • student
      250M+

      Students

    • colleges
      30,000+

      Colleges

    • exams
      500+

      Exams

    • ebook
      1500+

      E-Books

    • certification
      12000+

      Cetifications

    student
    Mobile Screen

    We Appeared in

    Back to top