Courses & Fees
For PGDM/Executive Diploma:
Candidates who have applied to LIBA will be shortlisted based on their CAT/ XAT scores only.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview (PI) for final selection.
- Candidate needs to submit his/her certified results of qualifying education.
- Candidate will then be called for Written Entrance test and personal interview.
- Applications of the candidate is evaluated on the 3 following criteria: Certified results of qualifying education, Written Entrance test and Performance in the personal interview
- The Departmental Selection Committee will recommend the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the PhD programme.
- After the approval by the Director, the candidates will be admitted to the PhD programme subject to final approval by the University of Madras.
Management and Business Administration (P.G.D.M)
- Library- The library at LIBA has over 35,000 books, 65 print periodicals on management, e-resources i.e. online databases ProQuest ABI/INFORM COMPLETE and intranet databases from CMIE – Prowess and Industry outlook and subscription to a large number of leading Indian newspapers. The spacious reading hall is accommodated in a computerized and Wi-Fi enabled building.
- Hostels- LIBA has hostels for both men and women located within the campus. The hostels have well-furnished rooms, wired internet connectivity. The Men’s hostel is a multi-storied building. A single room is allotted to each student. The hostel includes indoor sporting facilities and a common room on the ground floor.
- Classrooms- LIBA has air-conditioned classrooms with all the latest audio and video equipment available for the best learning environment.
- Wi-Fi - LIBA has wi-fi enabled campus with internet connectivity available all over the campus.
- IT Facility- The campus is equipped with the latest computers and software to facilitate modern pedagogy. The Computer Lab has a dedicated leased line for 24-hour internet connectivity and multimedia and video conferencing facilities.
My MBA experience at LIBA
Last Seen: 24 Aug' 20
Joined On: 24 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
Today’s student, Tomorrow’s leader
Last Seen: 28 Dec' 17
Joined On: 23 Jan' 17
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
B-school which have rigorous curriculum but enjoyable
Questions related to Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
With a GOOD PERCENTILE IN CAT , TOEFL and ACCA with correspondence B.sc Accounting degree from OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY and B.Com from University of Madras (distance education) will I stand a good chance in LIBA? I do not have a regular stream Bachelors degree.
There is high possibility that you might get admission into LIBA. But nothing can be told with complete assurance. The best way to find out is that you should try contacting the college authorities and get your query answered directly by them.
You can open the official website of LIBA and there will be a pop up box for help there you can ask your query and provide your contact details and wait for their reply and then you can be sure about it also.
Hope this helps!! :-)
liba part time entrance exam syllabus
All the syllabus for the entrance examination in maintained in the LIBA MBA syllabus 2020.
The LIBA Entrance Test will be conducted in the month of March 2020.
Which among BIMTECh,Bits pilani and LIBA a better option in terms of ROI and Placements?
Both the institutes are good in terms of ROI and placements. Both institutes placement wing has a good record with highest package going upto 17 LPA, the infrastructure of both the institutes is well constructed and all the required facilities are provided.
Faculties are also knowledgeable and experienced.
Hello I have got 96.802 percentile in XAT2020 Quantitative-84.172 VA&LR-99.389 DM-79.200 I have applied for 4colleges 1)Great lakes 2)IMT 3) LIBA 4) KJ SOUMAYA I want to know whether any other good colleges where I can apply? and also would I get any call from institutions other than thelisted above
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on securing such an awesome percentile. XAT is one of the toughest exams in India and no doubt you have aced it perfectly. XAT is such an exam which is accepted by majority of the Indian B-Schools and some very good ones too. I will list down some of the B-Schools that you can expect a call from and their average package:
Average Package(in LPA)
These are some of the good B-Schools in the country. Apart from that, you can also get a call from:
Average Package(in LPA)
To get a call, you must have to fill up their form, either at the time of exam form fill up or separately. After this you will be called for:
- Group Discussion
- Case Discussions
- Personal Interview
Though GD and PI will be compulsory, few of the colleges conduct Case Discussions and Written Ability Test.
Getting a call from these B-Schools would not ensure your admission into them as several factors are taken into consideration before taking a student into a B-School, such as:
- Academic and ExtraCurricular achievements
- Relevant work experience
- Performance in GD/WAT/PI process
I hope I have been able to solve your query. Do write to us if you need any more information and we will be happy to help you out. All the best!!!
chances of converting liba chennai at xat 77.35 percentile ??(Gen catholic christian)Heard that liba provides reservation for Catholics.
- IIFM Bhopal
- XIME Bangalore
- Alliance University Bangalore
- BIMTECH Noida
- Great Lakes Gurgaon
- IFMR Chennai
- ITM Navi Mumbai and others.
These are pretty decent colleges and offer good academics and placements. They also have good reputation among recruiters and you can easily get an average compensation package of 6-7 lakhs in a reputed organization.
LIBA Student Exchange Experience: The pedagogy at KBS was case driven, while at LIBA it is concept driven, says B Chitra
Life is full of surprises. You never know where it will take you next. For ....
LIBA Student Exchange Programme Experience: LIBA demanded high involvement and class participation, says Exchange Student Camille Wambst
An opportunity to study in India seemed to be an exciting offer that Camill....
The Road to Placements – Placement or recruitment process at B-schools is ....
MBA admission 2017: 60% weightage is assigned to GD-PI-WAT and candidate profile for final admission, says LIBA Director
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai Director Dr Ch....
Institute: Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), ChennaiLoy....
LIBA or Loyola Institute of Business Administration Chennai has completed....
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: