Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT), Delhi was established by Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society in the year 1999. MAIT is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The College offers undergraduate (B.Tech) courses in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical and Automation Engineering and Mechanical Engineering and postgraduate courses (MBA). MAIT is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology is located at Plot No 1 Rohini, Sector 22, PSP Area, Delhi. Rohini Sector 22 - D.T.C. Bus Depot is 350 metres away from MAIT. Nangloi Metro Station is 5.7 km away and New Delhi Railway Station is 20.4 km away from the College. Indira Gandhi International Airport is 33.2 km away from the Institute. MAIT is well connected with all modes of transport. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the MAIT.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- MAIT is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- Auburn University
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Student Awareness Programme: To make students aware of project making, symbol, aim and objectives, motto and history of NSS, this Club conducts written tests.
- MAIT Eco Club: This Club works to create awareness about the environment in every individual and motivate people to take more care of nature.
- Aayaam (The Dramatics Society): This Club organises stage plays, street plays, mono-acting and acting workshops in this club. This Club is for theatre lovers and nukkad enthusiasts. It also believes drama is fun.
- Funk In Motion: This is the official dance club of the College. This club deals with the western dance forms. It also gives an opportunity for students to perform.
- Affinity: This is the Music Club of the Institute. This Club imparts musical knowledge to the students who are interested in music. Guitarists, keyboard players, bassists, drummers, violinists, and vocalists are part of this club.
- Expressions: This Club is for students who are creative in nature and love to do the drawing, painting, embroidery, ornament crafting, etc and polish their skills.
- Keyara: This is the fasho=ion society of the College. It provides a platform for the students to show their ideas and creativity in the form of clothes
- Literary Umbrella: This is the Literary society of Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology. It provides a platform to the students to showcase their various literary talents like Poetry, Creative Writing, Public Speaking, and Quizzing
- Aura: This club deals with western dance forms. It also gives an opportunity for students to perform.
- Phrenics: This is the photography and film making club of the Institute. This Club provides a platform for all photographers and students who are keen to learn photography. Students can share their ideas, vision, photographs and technical knowledge with the interest.
- TECHTRONIX- The Electronics Society of MAIT: This Club is for the students who are interested in electronics and communication. The members of this club also organises various activities about the latest technologies and innovations.
- IOSD - International Organization of Software Developers: This is the technical society of the College. Various events and activities are also organised by this club so that students can have a better understanding about languages and technologies like C++, Java, Android Development, Web Dev., Machine Learning, Designing, etc.
- Google Development Group: The aim of this club is to spread awareness about free/open-source software among the students. This Club also conducts installation fests.
- Robotics Society of MAIT: This Club provides a base for students who are into robotics to progress and contribute to this field. This Club helps to facilitate students to understand, design and learn robotics.
- Technical Magazine
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Exams and Cutoffs
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology offers admissions to various undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (MBA) courses. Admission to B.Tech courses is done through JEE Main/IPU CET exam while for MBA, candidates have to qualify for CAT/CMAT examinations followed by counselling process. The detailed admission processes are given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech):
- Candidates have to qualify for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main)/Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET).
- Based on the marks scored in JEE Main/IPU CET, candidates have to register for online counselling/admission process of MAIT.
- Final selection will be done after document verification, and fee payment process.
For Postgraduate Courses (MBA):
- Candidates have to qualify for the Common Admission Test (CAT)/Common Management Admission Test (CMAT).
- Based on the marks scored in CAT/CMAT, candidates have to register for online counselling/admission process of MAIT.
- Final selection will be offered after seat allotment, document verification, and fee payment process.
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology offers various infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as separate hostel for boys and girls, sports, auditorium, library, gym, medical facilities, computer centre and canteen. Other facilities like bank, internet, agrani samkalp, etc are also available for them.
- Hostel: Hostel facility is provided by Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, with separate blocks for boys and girls. Other facilities like internet and mess facilities are also available for hostel students.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Auditorium: MAIT has an auditorium for the students and faculty that can be used for conferences, meetings, guest lectures, etc
- Library: The Central library has a collection of books, journals and other resources in Mathematics and Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management ranging from printed books, e-books, back volumes, and CDs/DVDs.
- Gym: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Computer Centre: The Institute has a well-equipped computer centre. The students have free access to the systems present at the computer centre.
- Canteen: Canteen is available at the Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology premises that serve food to the students and faculty at a reasonable price.
- Medical Centre: Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology has a medical room and ambulance facility available for any kind of medical emergency.
A Day MAIT
Best College of IP University
MAIT can surprise you sometimes.
Last Seen: 07 May' 20
Joined On: 07 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
Questions related to Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Delhi
how can i get direct addmisssion in MAIT without considering my marks of jee or ipucet?
Eligibility - candidates must passed or appearing class 12 with physics chemistry and mathematics with minimum 75 percent marks aggregate from a recognized board.
For more updates refer to the link mentioned below - https://www.careers360.com/colleges/maharaja-agrasen-institute-of-technology-delhi/admission
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
What is criteria for admission in mait new Delhi
JEE main eligibility - candidates must passed or appearing class 12 with physics chemistry and mathematics with minimum 75 percent marks aggregate from a recognized board.
For more updates refer to the link mentioned below
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
How much percentile required in jee mains for admission in MAIT New Delhi
as MAIT , New Delhi is the college of indraprastha University so there is not any officially released JEE mains cut off for IP University so nothing can be predicted, but still I would suggest you to score as much as you can if your percentile lies more than 90 that means it may be considered as a good score for getting into IP University while in a broad spectrum if we see so 90 percentile is somewhere not good for getting into top colleges but you can try to have as much as you can.
Best of luck.
if we need admission in usict(btech) or MAIT (btech). Do we need to fill the ip university admission form as the admission is on the basis of jee mains?
Yes from last year the admissions of GGSIPU colleges take place through the score of JEE Mains only from main campus to the affiliated colleges.
You can check more information here: https://www.careers360.com/university/guru-gobind-singh-indraprastha-university-delhi
Hope it helps,
May i take admission in Maharaja Agrasen institute of technology or any IPU thorough IPUCET marks???is jee main mark required?
As per the statics, getting admission IPU is a better option. As placements in IPU are better as compared to the former college. You need to clear it's entrance examination IPUCET to get admission into this college.
Yes JEE main numbers are counted. If you're eligible through JEE main then there's no need to give IPUCET.
Best of luck !
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: