WHAT IS MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ?
Mechanical engineering is a professional programme which helps students to understand the working mechanisms of heavy tools and machineries. The branch applies principles of engineering, physics and material science for the design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. The course covers technical areas like distribution of electricity through generators, transformers, transmission lines, lighting and wiring in buildings. A course in mechanical engineering makes a student gain knowledge and experience in the designing of electric motors, automobiles, aircrafts and other heavy vehicles. Mechanical engineering demands knowledge about software used in technical work like computer-aided design and mathematical modelling.Expand
- For UG: Should have passed Class XII in Science stream with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- For PG: Minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks or First Class in the qualifying degree. Bachelor's degree in Engineering and Technology.
SCOPE OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- Mechanical Engineering covers aspects like design and testing among others. The job demands supervision and planning of live projects related to thermal power plants, nuclear stations, generation of electricity, etc.
- There are employment opportunities for diploma holders who have practical knowledge of working on fields like testing of machinery etc.
- The emerging fields in this area include renewable energy, automobiles, quality control, Industrial Automation, Mechanobiology. These are going to increase manpower in the work profile of mechanical engineering and would offer employment opportunities.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer
- Computer Aided Design of Thermal Systems
- Fundamentals of casting and solidification
- Industrial Engineering and Operation Research
- Modelling of Turbulent Combustion
- Principle of Vibration Control
- Railroad Vehicle Dynamics
- Robot Manipulators Dynamics and Control
- Transition and Turbulence
- Wave propagation in solids
CAREER OPTIONS AFTER MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Salary : 3L INR - 4L INR
Degrees: B.E /Btech
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 7782 Joined
- 5027 Questions
BPMCE madhepura is good for mechanical engineering?