IIT Bhubaneswar started functioning from 2008 at the campus of IIT Kharagpur, which is its mentor institute. It commenced its operation in the city of Bhubaneswar from 22nd July 2009. It is an institute of national importance. The Institute has over 30,000 sq.m for academic use and 12,500 sq.m of residential space spread over a number of campuses. IIT Bhubaneswar has 7 schools which operate under its supervision: School of Basic Sciences, School of Earth, Ocean and Climate Sciences, School of Electrical Sciences, School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management, School of Infrastructure, School of Mechanical Sciences and School of Minerals, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. IIT Bhubaneswar offers B.Tech, M.Sc, M.Tech, B.Tech-M.Tech dual degree and PhD programmes.
IIT Bhubaneswar is located at Jatni Road Argul, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Biju Patnaik International Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 34.6 km away. Nearest railway station to the college is Argul PH Railway Station, located about 5.6 km away while the closest bus station is Patrapada Bus Depot, located about 22.5 km away.
IIT Bhubaneswar has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- Warwick Manufacturing Group
- University of Warwick, UK
- Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth USA
- University of Southampton UK
- National Oceanography Centre (NOC) UK
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute USA
- University of Concepcion, Chili
- University of Surrey, London, UK
- University of Manchester, UK
- University of British Colombia
- University of Quebec, Canada
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- York University, Canada
- Texas A&M University, USA
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- University of Edinburgh, UK
- University of Western Ontario, Canada
- University of Texas, North Denton, Texas USA
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Neuromancers- It is the Programming Society of the college. Its main aim is to spread the knowledge of programming among the students. Members of the Programming Society are proficient in the knowledge of various programming languages and software tools. It conducts lots of events, competitions and workshops on programming for the students. The members of this society learn Android app development, Web development, Machine learning, Natural language processing etc.
- Clix- This Club is the photography club of the college. It is a team of skilled photographers. It was formed with an aim to provide audio visual data to the Institute, advertising and documenting Institute's events and showcasing it to the audience through photographs and videos.
- RISC- RISC provides a forum for the students to pursue and learn innovative technology. It is for those students whose interest lie in learning about and building robots. It strives to advance in innovation, education, and fundamental and applied research in Robotics and Automation.
- Website and Design Society- This Club manages and designs all the websites of the institute. It teaches students the skill and art of creating websites and club designs. Members of the society actively conduct competitions for beginners and advanced web designers.
- Nakshatra- Nakshatra is the Astronomy Club of IIT Bhubaneswar. It is a forum to share the events happening in the world of Astronomy and Cosmology. It provides the latest updates and unknown facts to the Institute through a monthly newsletter of it's own. The Society also organises star-gazing workshops, webinars to hone the skills of the members and students.
- Fine Arts Society- This Society has been a medium for the students to explore their creativity in the form of painting, sketching, clay modelling, craft. It does the artwork for various events of the college.
- Dramatics Society- This Society is a group of people who like to entertain, act and share their love on the stage. The Dramatics Society aims to create awareness about the knowledge on the theatrical acts among the students. It provides wide exposure to its members by participating in inter-collegiate and national fests. They engage themselves with everything from comedies to serious issues and social dramas.
- Panacea- This is the literary society of IIT Bhubaneswar. This Society was formed with an objective of honing the literary skills of the students. Panacea aims to provide students with numerous opportunities to voice their underlying opinions as well as nurturing and improving their creative skills. It has played a crucial role in establishing a reading club-cum-library, having a diverse inventory of academic and non-academic books and journals for the keen readers.
- Music Society- The Music Society of the college provides a platform for its members to learn and practice music of various genres. The members learn music genres ranging from classical genre to hard metal rock.
- Dance Society- The Dance Society aims at nurturing different forms of dance and providing a platform for dance enthusiasts to get together and excel in the field of dance. It helps students with their performances on various occasions and competitions on and off the campus. It teaches various dance forms and the blend of various cultures.
- Cinewave- It is the Cinematics Society of the college. It makes short films on various topics of the society and has its own youtube channel where it uploads its short movies for the world to watch.
- Souls For Solace- It is the social welfare society of IIT Bhubaneswar. The society strives to find new ideas and ways in which it can play its role effectively towards the upliftment and betterment of the society. Souls For Solace is an integral part of the institute’s UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN and SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN cells. The society works in association with NGOs such as WE4YOU and Bakul Foundation. Activities like Diwali donation drive, blood donation camp, cleanliness drive are conducted by the society.
Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
For B.Tech/B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree:
- Candidates have to appear for JEE Advanced and clear the cut-off rank.
- Candidates then have to register for JoSAA counselling where they will do the choice filling for the programmes and colleges they want to opt for.
- In JoSAA counselling, candidates are shortlisted based on their rank in JEE Advanced.
- Final selection will be done through JOSAA counselling based on choice filling, option locking, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
- Candidates then have to apply for admission at the IIT Bhubaneswar website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted by the college based on their GATE score.
- Shortlisted applicants have to appear for a Written Test and Viva-Voce.
- Admission will be offered on the basis of performance in GATE, Written Test and Viva-Voce.
- Candidates have to appear for JAM Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates have to apply for admission online on IIT Bhubaneswar website.
- Admission will be offered based on JAM Entrance Exam score.
- Candidates have to apply for admission at the IIT Bhubaneswar website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted by the college based on their past academic performance, statement of purpose.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for a Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
IIT Bhubaneswar provides adequate facilities to its community. There are four hostels which are equipped with modern facilities. There is a shopping complex which caters to the items and services of daily need of college community. Students are provided the facility of a counselling centre to help them overcome issues they are facing. Medical services are adequate. Doctors, Therapists, pharmacists and ambulance are available 24X7. There are enough well-equipped laboratories in each school which are under the college. There are indoor and outdoor sports, gymnasiums and athletics facilities too.
- Accommodation- There are four hostels available to the students. 3 are boys hostels while 1 is girls hostel. These hostels together can house about 2000 students. Hostels have dining facilities for all residents, serving four meals in a day. Canteens/cafeterias are inside the hostel as well as at different places within the campus. All student rooms are connected with Gigabit Ethernet to individual hostel rooms. Hostel facilities include 24X7 doctors, pharmacists and ambulance, common room, washing machines, water purifiers, indoor and outdoor sports, library etc.
- Shopping Complex- There is a mini shopping complex in the campus to meet the daily needs of the college community. It renders the facilities like medical store, ATM, Ice-Cream parlour, bakery shop, stationary and general store etc.
- Student Counselling Centre- It is run by Counselling Service Team of IIT Bhubaneswar. It creates a safe-space for students to discuss their issues & challenges in a confidential environment. There is also a professional Student Counsellor who helps in dealing with the mental health issues of the students. Individual counselling is available to students, who may experience a wide range of personal, career and academic issues.
- Medical Services- There is a dedicated team of doctors and staff who look into the health and well being of the students. Medical and ambulance facility is provided 24X7 with emergency care to the students both in the campus and in the hostels. Students requiring serious treatment are referred to hospitals in Bhubaneswar city.
- Laboratories- Each school which works under IIT Bhubaneswar has its own set of well-equipped laboratories which facilitate good practical learning.
- Sports- There are adequate indoor and outdoor sports facilities available both on campus and in hostels. Track and Field Athletics infrastructure and equipment like sprint, hurdles, long jump ,high jump ,triple jump, shotput are available. Outdoor sports facilities include volleyball, cricket, football and indoor sports facilities include badminton, chess, table tennis and carrom.
still developing campus with good academics
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
Last Seen: 25 Mar' 20
Joined On: 11 Mar' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
One of the upcoming best engineering college in India.
Last Seen: 15 Apr' 18
Joined On: 15 Apr' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
Questions related to Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
what was the opening and closing rank in iit jam chemistry 2019 in iit Bhubaneswar?
For IIT Bhubaneshwar, Third and fourth round opening and closing rank for chemistry branch are in between 214 to 348 for general category.
477 to 730 for OBC Category
1464 to 1880 for SC Category
5706 to 5846 for ST Category
To know more about the cutoff you can go through the below link: https://jam.iitk.ac.in/doc/JAM2019_cutoffRound3.pdf
This is the official link of IIT Jam last year counselling result.
what was the IIT Bhubaneswar opening and closing rank 2019?
Computer Science and Engineering1246
Electronics and Communication Engineering1991
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering7745
2019 Closing rank for IIT bhuneshwar for different branches are
Civil Engineering 9269
Computer Science and Engineering 2088
Electrical Engineering 4915
Electronics and Communication Engineering 3691
Mechanical Engineering 6183
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering 10659
i have 711 gate score. while filling iit Bhubaneswar mtech form i was asked to write reason for not filling form by 5th april. i gave some random reason in that. And after one day they have rejected my form. can u suggest me some valid reason which i give to my form please
You should have written some genuine reason which will say why you were not able to fill the form which was released in 1st week of April.
Look for other college like government college or university. Your score is good but if institute rejected your form then you have to move to other options. There are other IIT/NIT/IIIT campus also. You can apply for them. Give genuine and convincing answers such that they will consider you as a sincere and dedicated person.
There are plenty of options for you. Apply them in time and don't miss it. Your score deserves IIT campus. Get one !
Hope it helps!
by mistake i entered brother name in place of fathers name while filling form for mtech in iit Bhubaneswar for my friend what can i do now please help
I don't think that you can refill the form again however the colleges give some time after the application form close for the correction of form so you can wait till that date for correction of your particular details. This is your only option other than that you can't do anything.
my branch is mechanical.my gate score is 588.can i get a seat in IIT Bhubaneswar.
According to the previous years GATE cutoff scores these are the best colleges you can get-
- MNNIT Allahabad - Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (M.Tech. in Biomedical Engineering)
- IIEST Shibpur - Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (M.Tech. in Biomedical Engineering)
- NIT Manipur - National Institute of Technology (M.Tech. in Thermal and Fluids Engineering)
- NIT Kurukshetra - National Institute of Technology (M.Tech. in Renewable Energy Systems)
- NIT Durgapur - National Institute of Technology (M.Tech. in Advanced Material Science and Technology)
- NIT Rourkela - National Institute of Technology (M.Tech. in Water Resource Engineering)
GATE COLLEGE PREDICTOR-https://engineering.careers360.com/gate-college-predictor
Director Interview: Prof. R V Raja Kumar (IIT Bhubaneswar) - “An institution cannot ever become great with ordinary standards and there is no shortcut”
No other engineering institutes in the country have a better name recogniti....
Careers360 interviews Prof. R. V. Raja Kumar, Director, IIT Bhubaneswar. In....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: