do st Xaviers mumbai and narsee monjee Mumbai have 3 year llb? and have their applications opened?
Narsee Monjee Institute of M anagement Studies do not offers 3 years LLB course. This Institute offers these law Courses-
1. BA LLB (Hons)
2. BBA LLB (Hons)
4. MBA in Law
St Xavier's College, Mumbai Don't offer even BA LLB degree. This college on offers Diploma in law, the name offered law Course in this College is Diploma in Forensic Science and Criminal Law. So both the Colleges does not offers LLB Course. But I am mentioning the top law colleges in Mumbai offering LLB course-
1. Government Law College
2. Mumbai University
3. NMIMS Kriti P Mehta School of Law
4. Amity University
5. Dr. Ambedkar College of Law
6. KC Law College
7. Jitendra Chauhan College of Law
8. New Law College
9. PES Law College
I am getting Narsee Monjee Navi Mumbai campus. Since I cant drop,neither i have a other great option. I am interested in Finance. How good would be it for me?
Narsee Monjee College is among the top 20 colleges for MBA in India. The Navi Mumbai campus of NMIMS opened recently and is doing quite well. They offer a post graduate program in diploma where you can choose electives that give you specializations in all fields - Marketing, HR, Finance etc. They also have a Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Human Resources program.
Given that you can neither take a drop, nor you have a select from any other college this is definitely the best option. Also NMIMS is a very good college. Hence, it is a good option to join.
To clear your query further, I have given below some key details for NMIMS:
About the College:
- SVKM’s NMIMS (Deemed to be University) offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Program has an objective to develop students holistically with an in-depth understanding of all areas of management and its impact on society.
- MBA programs aim to nurture potential leaders having requisite domain knowledge, analytical skills and decision making skills in fast changing world of uncertain business environment.
- Admission for PGDM Program at NMIMS-Navi Mumbai campus is through NMAT by GMAC™ exam.
Candidates applying to this program should have a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate.
- NMIMS has been ranked as the 7th best university for MBA by Business Today.
- It has also been 24th ranked in the top 100 best Business Schools in India by NIRF in 2017.
- For admission into MBA course one must complete their bachelors degree in any field. Post that they give the NMAT exam and the interview and group discussion process happens for selected students. Amongst them the top few candidates are given admission offer.
- NMIMS has 100% placement for their MBA program.
- In the Navi Mumbai campus, the highest package offered was 15 LPA with the average being 9.85 LPA. Most of the students are placed in FMCG, CD, Pharma, and Retail industries.
What is preferable between NMIMS Hyderabad and ISB&M Pune and SOIL Gurgaon
In order to make an informed decision about which college to choose for your final joining, you must analyse various parameters of a B-School to decide the one which matches with your final goals. At the end of your MBA, your goal could be entrepreneurship, higher education, job opportunities, greater exposure, increased market value or something very different. Basis the end result, please choose the college wisely.
For higher education, you should choose a college with good faculty and academic exposure, for career opportunities - choose a college with good placement records, for exposure and networking - choose a one with greater alumni base and so on.
The colleges mentioned by you are slightly different from one another. While NMIMS and ISBM offer General MBA/PGDM programs, SOIL mainly focuses on developing management professional who are environmentally oriented. Below I have highlighted some key differences of these colleges:
- The college was established in 2010 in Hyderabad. The Mumbai campus is quite old and has a very rich alumni base too.
- They impart education in the field of management and have full time as well as part time courses, executive courses and Management development courses too.
- The institute is AICTE and AMBA approved.
- For the MBA/PGDM full time course, any candidate who has completed graduation or in the final year of graduation can apply.
- Candidates need to take the NMAT entrance exam. NMAT has three sections - Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
- The GD PI calls are released basis the percentile of the candidate in the NMAT exam.
- Post this the scores of GD and PI are also considered to create an aggregate score and release the final offer for joining.
- The college has 100% placement in the Mumbai campus and the highest domestic CTC offered in the Hyderabad campus was INR 16LPA while international offer was INR 32LPA.
- The average CTC stands at INR 9.3LPA and median stands at INR 8.8 LPA.
- ICICI bank, Infosys, ShopClues, Deloitte, Genpact, Crisil and Airtel are some of the top recruiting firms.
- The college was established in 2000.
- The offer PGDM program with AICTE approved courses in Marketing, HR, Finance, IRM, SCOM, Media & Communication.
- Times B Schools ranked it as 8th in Top 20 West B Schools and 9th rank in Top Private Institutes. It was also awarded 1st rank in Pune for B-Schools by MINT-MBA Universe.com
- Eligibility: Anyone with a graduation degree and 50% or above marks in graduation can apply. Candidates in final year can apply too.
- The college accepts CAT/XAT scores. GD Pi is conducted to decid the final merit score.
- They also have 100% placement record by May. By April 93% batch was placed in 2019.
- Average CTC for top 25% is INR 10.21LPA, top 50% is INR 8.56LPA, top 75% is INR 7.62 LPA and for the overall batch it is INR 7.62 LPA.
- Aditya Birla Capital, 9X Media, Affordable Housing, Absolute Reports, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, Acuite Ratings & Research, Bajaj Finserv, Adfactors PR, Bosch +Lomb, Angel Broking, Byju's, AstraZeneca and Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd are among various others recruiting brands.
- PGPM in SOIL provides the students with programs that give exposure to the core business problems.
- Students are allowed to choose from a wide range of industry related projects and volunteer to solve real life problems.
- Program Fees: INR 15 Lakhs
- Candidates must have a full-time graduation degree with at least 55% marks in Engineering stream or 50% marks in Non-Engineering Stream.
- They must have at least 60% in 10th and 12th or equivalent.
Selection process :
- Resume/Profile evaluation
- Shortlisting basis work experience and academic profile
- Final selection/Provisional Offer
- The college has 97% placement since last 3 years
- Highest CTC- 17.96LPA
- Average CTC- 10.79LPA
- Median CTC - 12.56 LPA
Now that you know the key difference between all the colleges, you can make the choice as per your career aspirations.
Which is better- Narsee Monjee College for Commerce and Economics or NMIMS?
As per my knowledge, narsee monjee is much better option for commerce as the college has really brand name in this course and the cut off to enter this college is really high. This college is also famous for its management course.
For more information you can check out the link given below-
Is SOIL institute of management worth joining as a backup option for Marketing specialization? As I have been waitlisted in NMIMS hyderabad and Business Analytics as I have already dropped one year because of MBA and even have a job now so should I attempt one more time or get enrolled in SOIL ?
SOIL does not offer MBA ... It has PGDM courses..
If you want to PGDM then go for SOIL otherwise go for NMIMS..
My merit number is 5271 for NMIMS Hyderabad and indore! Do i stand any chance of converting any one of them?
NMIMS IS a pretty good college and students t ake admission in the college on the basis of their brand name. The college has three campuses, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Indore . Though Mumbai campus is the best.
At this merit list I hope you may have a chance of conversion between Indore and Hyderabad. Most of the students if have any other good option they don't go for this college. They leave the seat for any other.
Still it can't be said with complete surety.
Hope that helps.
all the very best
I gave my NMAT on jan 12th, 2021. My score was 206, I downloaded the scorecard. But I am unable to download to the official scorecard. I dont even know if I am shortlisted for NMIMS Hyderabad/Indore. I contacted the officials through email, but I got no proper response. What do I do?
Hello Studen, NMATpublished its result in the month of February 2021 for nmat conducting authority GMAC in the form of scorecard.Anyone can download the score card from the official website in www.nmat.in. It will be opened up to 31st March 2021. After that period downloading of score card will be under the terms and conditions of the nmat authority applicable. Go to the website and try for the next time to download the score card putting your email id and password.
Hope this helps.
Is NMIMS Hyderabad worth joining ?
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad was established in the year 2010. NMIMS Hyderabad is as good as any NMIMS campus and has been able to continue its 100% placement record even for the year 2018–2020. It offers undergraduate (BBA, B.Sc, BB.Com (Hons)), integrated (BA LLB, BBA LLB, B.Pharma+MBA, B.Tech+ MBA), postgraduate (PGDM). The faculties are very experienced and the whole learning is based on real time cases from the prestigious Harvard Business School. For details you can follow the link:
I scored 207 in my NMAT exam (79 verbal, 73 logical and 55 in quants). I understand that my quants score is comparatively low but is there any chance that I would be eligible for Narsee Monjee Navi Mumbai / Bangalore / Hyderabad / Indore? Also what percentage would 207 be?
as per previous years cutoff analysis of different NMIMs including mumbai, bangalore hyderabd cutoff score for quants ranges from 60-65 approximately. however every year cutoff score changes, depends on questions difficulty level, seat matrix etc. but it seems would quite difficult to shortlisted if you go through previous years cutoff trends. but never mind, there is others colleges available in which you may also try for mba course apart from nmims. so donot lose hope and also try for others entrances as well.
now coming to percentile score it is based on individual candidates score to the overall performance of the participants, number of participants in any particular exam, For example, if a aspirants NMAT percentile score is 90, then that aspirants total NMAT score is better than 90 per cent of the aspirants.
217 in nmat can i get call from kj somaiya
as per the previous years cutoff the chances for you to get a seat at KJ Somaiya Institute of Management is less, however there are various other colleges where you are eligible to get a seat for admission, some of them are,
- NMIMS Institute of Business Management, Mumbai
- NMIMS University, Bangalore
- Bombay Stock Exchange Institute, Mumbai
- School of Management, Gurgaon
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
If you would like to view and explore more colleges that are suitable for you to take admission based on your NMAT score kindly visit the link given below.